35 | cruel

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
CHAPTER 35
CRUEL
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

 ┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑CHAPTER 35⸻ CRUEL ┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

T A E H Y U N G' S P O V

I KNOCK IMPATIENTLY on the apartment door, just a few moments before it opens.

The sight of Haera with her hands over her blotted stomach came into my vision. Seeing her, the rage and anger resurfaces rapidly from inside my chest.

"I came here to ask you to stop harassing me and my family! I'll report you to the police if you won't stop," I scream all the pent up anger loudly to her face.

"Relax, sweetheart," she says rather calmly. "So what are you going to do to a pregnant woman? Rot me in jail?"

"I don't care what happens to you but stay away from my family! Especially my wife, if I caught your ex-boyfriend stalking her, I won't hesitate to kill you," I clench my fist tightly, restraining myself from attacking her.

Her lips slowly turn up into an amusing smile. "Calm down, my intention was to never hurt her. She's too easy and no fun to play with,"

"You did hurt her! She almost got rape by your ex-boyfriend because of you! You're a monster, Haera. You're a sick woman,"

"I won't hurt her anymore if you listen to me. Our pact was simple, Taehyung. You get married with me and you leave your wife. That way, I'll stop threatening your family," she mutters ever so simply.

"You think I'm going to marry you? Never in a million years," I scoff, looking at her in disgust.

"So you really don't care about your career and your family? Do you want me to publish the article that you abused me? Who do you think they will believe? You or me?"

"I'm not going to get trapped into your stupid plan, Haera. This ends now," I fume angrily.

To my surprise, she laughs hysterically as if I just entertain her with a funny joke.

"I knew you were going to oppose to that so I made an alternative plan," she retorts, a wicked smile forming on her lips.

Before I could reciprocate, something hard bangs against the side of my head, causing my unconsciousness to take over.

•••

M I A' S P O V

"Gguk, how is Taehyung? Is he doing alright?" I nibble on my lower lip before sipping on my chocolate drink.

After yesterday's conversation with Ryujin, it somehow went deep inside my head. It made me think differently about my decision and I'm in desperate need of someone else's advice about this.

Jungkook looks at me, his expression contorted with sympathy. "Do you want me to be honest?"

"Okay, lie,"

"He's doing great!" he claps his hands, a fake grin dancing on his lips.

I sigh heavily. "What should I do, gguk? Am I being too dram—"

He stops my words from proceeding further. "You should give him a call right now. He's been so devastated without you, Mia,"

"You think I should call him? Right now?"

"Why? Do you want to wait for a year?" he answers with sarcasm and I roll my eyes.

I swallow thickly as my thumb hovering over his contact name. Without thinking much, I quickly tap on it and put my phone against my ear.

Biting my lip, my knees are shaking vulnerably as the other line is ringing. After third dial, he finally picks up.

I heave out a sigh, mustering up my courage before stuttering any words. "Tae—"

"I want to make love to you," I hear a deep voice moans lowly from the other line.

That voice.. it belongs to Taehyung. I still remember the night when we make love, he has the same velvety voice. But this.. couldn't be him, right?

"Yes.. please, make love to me," A soft, sultry voice whispers that sounds highly familiar to my hearing.

My hand grips my phone tightly, listening to their erotic conversation. This is definitely not real. This shouldn't be real.

"I've never stopped loving you, Kang Haera. I love you, so so much," the man answers, which I claim to be my husband's voice.

Tears pooling in my eyes after hearing his confession. I lost the grip on my phone as I breakdown into tears. My heart hurts so badly as if someone has been stabbing on the same spot over and over again. To make it worse, the pain is too unbearable that I couldn't move. It sounds so much like him but wouldn't do this to me. Because he loves me.

Jungkook, who's been watching the whole time looks so startled to see me crying. Although he is confused, he calms me down as he caresses my back.

"Yah, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" he asks, concern evident in his voice.

With shaky hands, I pass him my phone and he hastily places it to his ear. His eyes are bugged out, his mouth parted slightly as a signal that he is in shock, too.

"Mia.. this isn't Taehyung. He wouldn't do this to you. Let's meet him," he persuades.

"No! Please, don't.. I don't want to see him," I stutter, still crying pathetically.

Everything hurts. I love him too much that I would forgive him if anything goes south. But right now, I know what I should do. I have to let him go— for real this time. No matter if this is true or not, I can't bear to have him breaking my heart again. It is just too much.

"Please tell him that I'm thankful for everything, Jungkook,"

With that, I leave the coffee shop in a hassle, ignoring Jungkook's loud voice hollers after my name.

•••

A/N: My God, I'm suck at writing angst and also, female lead is so dramatic lmao. But anyways, THANK YOU FOR READING!!!! And thank you so much for your patience and stay tuned for upcoming chapters!! I love you guys so much!

 But anyways, THANK YOU FOR READING!!!! And thank you so much for your patience and stay tuned for upcoming chapters!! I love you guys so much!