Chapter 15

No one's Pov

The night was hot but quiet. Blyke stood in the park, practicing his move set, he learned from John. Channeling his energy through his arm and focusing them on his fingers required more training than he thought he would need.

Grasping at an elevated level of strength, he was excited for the upcoming Turf wars. He'd get the chance to show off his new skills in front of everyone. He hoped that even Arlo would be impressed by the progress he made. He was excited at the thought of who could be his opponents? Would they be stronger than Agwin high?

He wanted John to join him for a practice spar but knowing that he'd be probably talking to his friends from Boston high he decided to dismiss it.

He decided to work on his physical training. He took a deep breath in, holding it for a second, then exhaled as he leveled another kick. He shifted on his front foot, planting it sideways, and rotated on his hips around it, swinging his back leg forward in a powerful strike. He carried the movement through, leg still raised in the air, and lowered it back down into stance.

He inhaled again, then repeated the process, but this time shifting on his back leg to throw a short inside kick. He retained his composure, letting the movements go naturally. After doing this for almost 15 minutes he decided to take a break from his physical training.

He was panting heavily with sweat dripping across his body through his shirt and his hairs.

Relying on his abilities made him weaker. What would he do if there was a situation he needed to rely just on his physical strength.

"I will get better by then," he said aloud to himself. 

"You never stop training, do you?" said a familiar voice.

It was from Elaine. She leaned against the light pole just beside the entrance of the park. She has shadows under her eyes but a small grin on her face.

Blyke froze. How long had she been watching him? He kind of hoped she didn't witness his new skill which he planned to keep a surprise until the Turf wars.

"Well don't stop silly". She laughed."keep going."

"Um, I think I've enough training for today. So I should wrap it up now!".

" Is this for the Turf wars this week? ," she asked with a glint in her eyes.

"Yeah ". He replied a bit embarrassed." I wanted to become stronger so that I'll do my best this time."

The memory of his last fight with Volcan came back to his mind. 

'Why am I thinking about it now '.

He flinched, shaking his head vigorously to get that image out of his head

He flinched, shaking his head vigorously to get that image out of his head. It reminded him of his weakness and how powerless he was in front of EMBER.