20 - warmth

CW: mature content and smut
-

Athena's expression dropped as her smirk switched to an open gape. The air had suddenly knocked from her lungs, as her throat tightened.

"Excuse me,"she choked through the small space in her throat.

"Relax. I've known who your secret Slytherin fling is for a while," she chuckled. "Don't you think I would've told someone by now if I wanted to."

"H-how on earth do you know?"she asked, completely flabbergasted.

"That night that you were leaving and saw me...Yeah I was there when you both arrived,"she smirked knowingly.

Athena couldn't form a single word. She had been content with the fact that nobody had known of her and Draco's secret rendezvous. It had allowed her to easily put the past behind her. But all this time someone knew.

Did it really matter if Maeve hadn't told anyone? That didn't mean she wasn't still going to. She barely knew the girl after all.

"Look, how about I tell you a secret of mine, that way you know you can trust me. And you'll have something to hold against me if I ever wanna spill yours,"she smiled reassuringly.

"Fine."

"I've shagged Blaise Zabini, and I have been for the past year,"she confessed without hesitation.

"That's not a big deal!"Athena sighed, disappointed.

"It is if I'm a blood traitor,"she rolled her eyes. "I expect he'd rather drown himself in the lake than have anyone find out." Maeve let out a half-hearted chuckle.

"So why are you still seeing him if he would treat you that way?" Athena asked.

"You tell me,"she smirked pointedly again. There was a brief silence before Athena began to speak.

"I'm not still seeing Malfoy. I ended it weeks ago, before I got with Cedric," Athena explained, feeling slightly foolish. "It was just a stupid..."

Her words trailed off as she didn't quite know how to finish that sentence.

"Well the thing is, I can't seem to get away from Blaise. That's all. I mean, have you seen him?"she gushed. "Like yeah, he's a bit of a prick, but he's damn fine."

"Right,"Athena said, unable to stop the smirk forming on her lips. She then remembered seeing Blaise walking out of the Three Broomsticks and it all clicked. "Oh that's why he was here! You were together?"

"Yeah. He took one look at you lot arriving through the window and fucked off,"she frowned, but rapidly changed this to her usual smirk before Athena could take much notice.

Taking a look at her friends, she gave Maeve a friendly smile before getting up and stepping away from the table.

"Come and sit with us,"she said. Maeve looked over at the others, took a moment to think about the request and nodded, standing up from the table. The group of friends glanced up as the girls approached.

"Everyone, this is Maeve Rivère. She's in my year,"Athena announced, taking a seat on a sofa next to Cedric. He wrapped his arms around her in a hug from behind as she rest her head on his chest.