47. EXTENDABLE EARS

| CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN |

EXTENDABLE EARS.

HARRY'S LOUD SHOUTING CAUSED THE Weasley twins to also join and of course, they began teasing the boy (something that caused him to clench his jaw so hard Natasha was sure he would break his teeth). 

"Anyway, if you're all done, do you want to hear something much more interesting?" Fred asked, a cheeky grin on his face as he pulled out a handful of Extendable Ears from his pocket.

"You want to be careful," Ron muttered, staring intently at the magical objects in his brother's hand, "If mum sees one of those again..."

Fred shrugged, "It's worth it," The ginger haired boy glanced over at the grandfather clock which was ticking away in the corner of the room, "They're having a meeting right now," And with that, he pushed himself off the bed he and George were sitting on and began walking towards the bedroom door with his chest puffed out proudly.

However, he was stopped dead in his tracks when Ginny suddenly burst into the room, "Oh, hello, Harry. I thought I heard your voice," She greeted the spectacled boy before looking at the Ears in Fred's hand, "It's a no-go with the Extendable Ears, she's gone and put an Imperturbable Charm on the kitchen door," The youngest teen frowned, crossing her arms over her chest.

"How do you know?" George inquired, looking at his sister skeptically.

Ginny shrugged nonchalantly, "Tonks taught me how to find out."

Natasha raised an eyebrow curiously, "How?"

"You chuck stuff at the door and if it doesn't make contact with the door, the door's been charmed," Ginny explained, "I've been flinging Dungbombs at it from the top of the stairs and they just soar away from it. There's no way an Extendable Ear will be able to get under that gap."

Fred sighed, his shoulders slumping down, "Shame. I really fancied finding out what Snape's been up to."

Harry's eyes widened, "Snape's here?" He asked in disbelief, he couldn't help but feel even more confused when he noticed that no one else was as shocked as he was.

"Yeah, giving a report," George nodded.

"Top secret," Natasha added.

Hermione took a step towards Harry, "He's on our side now."

Ron snorted, rolling his eyes, "Doesn't stop him from being a git," He muttered bitterly.

"Bill doesn't like him either," Ginny added, plopping herself down onto the bed Natasha and Cedric were already sat on.