2.15

As Helena read a book in the tunnels, before rounds, she suddenly heard voices coming from inside a closet

As Helena read a book in the tunnels, before rounds, she suddenly heard voices coming from inside a closet. Realising it was George's she furrowed her brows and approached the door. The boy had moved out of Cristina's place and no one knew where he was staying. As for their friendship, it had pretty much gone back to normal, both getting over the feeling they used to have for each other.

She Helena opened the door cautiously, she called out. "Georgie?"

Suddenly, the voices stopped and the intern emerged from behind a shelf. "Lena! Wh- what are you doing here?"

"You are... you're in your pyjamas?" She scrunched her nose up in confusion as she tried to move past the boy.

"I- uh, don't- don't go in there." The boy asked her, barring her passage gently.

"Georgie, it's a supply closet!" At the boy's suspicion face, she walked forward, asking. "What are you hiding?"

At the end of the large closet she saw Callie, equally in her pyjamas, laying in a mattress. The older woman looked up at her awkwardly, as Helena's eyes widened.

"Oh, so this is where you're staying." She turned to the boy, remembering to greet the resident after. "Hi, Callie, good morning."

Callie smiled back at her, still slightly rubbing her eyes with sleep. "Morning, Lena."

"You are staying in a supply closet and you couldn't have told me, George O'Malley?" She narrowed her eyes at him, hitting his arm and then turning back to the woman. "So, living in a closet, I see." Helena giggled.

"Hey! Why do I get hit and Callie gets jokes?" The boy pouted slightly.

"That's because I still haven't earned the right to mother Callie. Besides, she didn't purposefully hide it from me." The girl explained, sitting on the border, of Callie's bed.

"I promise I'm not crazy or anything. I just spend so much time at the hospital either way..." The taller woman explained, getting out from her bed.

"And, Lena, please don't tell Izzie. She's been annoying me about it forever."

"Well, it certainly is spacious for a closet." Helena joked. "Oh, and don't worry about it, my lips are sealed."

"And that is why you're my favourite out of George's friends."

The boy watched the altercation between the two women, as Helena looked at him, raising her brows. "See? Callie is honest." She flashed him her charming smile.

——

As the girl walked through the hallways, Alex approached her. "Morning." She wished.

"Morning. Lena, about the other day, I didn't meant to..." He started, clearing his voice.

"I know and I forgive you. But, really, you can't just go around lashing out at us like that. It's not fair." She told him.