seventy-five (prince!renjun, mermaid!haechan)

requested.

~

prince huang renjun.

the prince who desperately wanted to explore the outside world. he was curious about the outdoors, especially since his parents would never let him go outside most of his life.

as he was cuddled up in his blankets, he had thought of a plan to go outside without his parents or knights noticing. it was because no matter how much he begged, his parents wouldn't let him go. even his knights wouldn't let him do that.

"yeah, it'll work. it's not much but it'll definitely work," the prince thought.

he got up from his warm, comfortable bed and got dressed in his casual seafoam green uniform with a smile. he looked at himself in his mirror and thought he looked good.

he got out of his room and looked around his hallway for any knights. fortunately, there wasn't any. he managed to run through the corridors to the outside. he catched his breath as he stared at the green grass in relief.

"i finally did it. i really did it," he thought.

"your highness, may i ask what are you doing out here?" doyoung, the coachmen asked.

renjun looked up at doyoung, "to tell you the truth, i wanted to explore the outside world. i'm so sick and tired of the indoors."

doyoung nodded, "i understand. do you want me to take you anywhere?"

renjun nodded with a smile, "yes! please take me to the beach."

and so, doyoung took him to the beach. after they made it to the beach, the desperate but curious prince immediately got out of the carriage and ran on the sand.

doyoung chuckled, "you look happy."

renjun turned back to him, "i am. thank you doyoung."

"anytime renjun," doyoung said.

as doyoung waited, renjun took the time to explore everything that the beach had to offer. such things as seashells, wildlife, and the calming sound of the waves. it made him very calm and satisfied that he was finally outdoors. it wasn't until he went to the bridge to made a discovery; he saw someone swimming to his direction. he noticed that the person coming to him didn't have any legs.

"if he doesn't have any legs but he could swim, does that mean.....no! it couldn't be," renjun thought.

he was confused on what that person was swimming with until he realized that it was a tail, a mermaid tail. the shocked prince wanted to pass out but couldn't. the mermaid stopped at the tip of the bridge and looked at renjun with a smile.

"hi!" he greeted.

"huh- oh i mean hi!" renjun greeted back.

the mermaid noticed renjun's uniform and thought that he was rich. he just had to ask, "are you rich?"

renjun looked at him with a confused look, but then realized he probably didn't know, "i'm more than rich. i'm the prince!"

"oh! my apologies, i didn't know," the mermaid said, bowing.

"it's okay. i don't even come outside too often," renjun said, looking down at the ground.

the mermaid frowned. he felt bad for the prince even though he doesn't know what happened. he hoped that it was not very bad.

"i'm sorry to hear that," he said.

renjun looked at him, "what is your name? maybe we can see each other again."

"donghyuck!" donghyuck said.

"donghyuck," renjun repeated.

"and yours?"

"renjun. prince renjun!"

doyoung came over to the two without them looking. he was shock to see a mermaid in modern times as he thought they were extinct.

"a mermaid? wow!" the coachmen thought.

he heard the two talking, but it was kind of awkward since they just met each other. but, he just came there to tell renjun that they had to go. he cleared his throat for attention.

"i hate to break a conversation, but your highness we have to go. your parents are worried about you," doyoung said.

renjun gasped and then frowned, "oh, okay. see you again donghyuck."

"see you again renjun!" donghyuck said before swimming under the sea.

renjun and doyoung went back to the castle and renjun went straight to his room, thinking about donghyuck and mermaids. he couldn't believe that they exist. he thought they were a myth. but, he has to worry about his parents and the outdoors at the very moment. he already knew that they were angry.

"if they are angry, that's okay. it feels good going outdoors and meeting new people, or mermaids."

~

the way im in a renhyuck mood 😣 if you like more one shots of renhyuck just read fantasy world :)