Six

When I got into the drama theatre everyone was already there staring at me. There expressions were shocked.

"now that everyone's here start rehearsing, Ollie will you help out Riley." Mr Milne spoke while also looking shocked at me.

Ollie made his way towards me in his usual jolly walk. When he walked he kind of walked like a penguin it was weird. I went to put my bag on the bag rack and Ollie closely followed, I was still unsure why everyone was shocked.

"Come here." He said while grabbing my hand and leading me towards a chair in the corridor. My heart was beating fast. He had hold of my hand! "Wait here a sec." He quickly ran off towards the bathroom.

When he returned he had a wet paper towel in one hand and I'm not sure what was in the other.

"What's that?" I asked looking at what was in his hand.

"Ice." he replied moving the paper towel towards my face.

"What are you doing?" I said pulling away and leaning back.

"Stay still I'm wiping the blood of your face."

I leaned back forward and he brought the paper towel closer to my face. It was cold and I flinched and he laughed a little. We didn't speak it was silent and sort of awkward, until he spoke up.

"What happened?"

"I don't really wanna talk about it." I looked down to my shaky hands.

"Hey." He raised my chin with his hand so I was looking at him straight in the eyes and he clasped my hands in his, making me nervous. "It's gonna be okay."

I felt a tear slip from my left eye until it was wiped away by Ollies warm hand. I was confused he's never been like this before, he never seamed to be the caring type but my opinions have changed and I just liked him all the more.

After we returned to the classroom we continued to rehearse our script and added movement to it. It was coming along well, I was still so anxious about that one line in it. I held the ice on my bruised cheek while practicing. I did not want Liam to see it at all, it meant nothing because we were acting but I knew he would over exaggerate it, then go tell everyone at home.

The bell rang and everyone rushed to the bag rack to get there bags, I waited until the cluster had disappeared. I grabbed my bags and then looked towards the door to see Ollie walking out after shooting me a smile, I sent a smile back before exiting the classroom to get to PE.

I got in the changing rooms and saw Libby waiting for me. I hung my bags up and took my blazer off also hanging it up.

"Tell me what's up." Libby spoke while glaring at me.

"There's nothing up." I replied not looking up and continued to get changed into my PE kit.

"I'm not stupid Riley." I felt her eyes burning into my skull at this point. I didn't respond. "What did Jess say to you?" she reached for my hand prompting me to turn and face her.

"I don't wanna talk about it." I turned away again.

"Keeping it in isn't gonna help Riley, I get you don't wanna talk about it so I'm not going to force you. You know you can trust me right?"

"Of course I can and you can trust me, just not right know I promise I will tell you later on. pinkie promise." I held my pinkie out, and she locked hers with mine.

We both got changed and then made our way to the sports hall. We were greeted with our teacher, I didn't like her she made me hate PE. She gave us a talk about what we were doing and basically we were just playing games all lesson. I grabbed the goal shooter position because that was what I usually played. Libby was goal defence on the opposite team which meant I could speak to her during the game.

We were around half way through the lesson and we had just go back on court after our break. The deputy head teacher game into the hall and I was curious to why he was here.

"Can I speak with miss Owens please?" He said looking directly at me.

I walked towards him and followed him to his office, it was even worse because I was sweaty from playing.

"So I've just heard back from Jess' mum at the hospital and her nose is broke." he crossed his arms and sent me a sharp glare.

"Wait what?" I said leaning forward in shock, I will admit I did smile a little.

"You broke her nose, so your getting expelled for a week."

"What the hell, I didn't do anything wrong it was her who started it all."

"You punched first."

"that's not the point, she was being a bitch, what about me I've got a bruised face, she was involved in the fight to why isn't she getting expelled?" I was shouting i was so angry.

"She's not getting expelled as you were in the wrong."

"No I wasn't. have you even asked her what horrific things she said to me.NO. so its not my fault." I stood up throwing the chair behind me causing it to fall over. "Fuck this." I turned round and punched the wall and kicked the door open and exited the office.

I looked back and he was storming after me so I started sprinting down the stairs towards the changing room where my stuff was, he couldn't come in because it was a female changing room. I immediately got out my phone and texted Issac asking him to pick me up, it was his day off work so i knew he would be here quick.

Riley: Can you come pick me up right now, be fast please

Issac: Yeah on way.

I quickly shoved my uniform in my bag then pulled out a piece of paper from my pocket and wrote Libby a message.

I'll explain later, come to my house at 7. love you, Riley

I stuffed it in her pocket with her phone and began stacking up some boxes I found in the bathroom to reach the window. I went to open the window and it was stuck, I tried my hardest to open it and it finally opened. It was a thin window, so I chucked my bags out first before climbing out myself. I tried to climb out feet first as best I could but I didn't have much upper body strength to hold myself up for long. I clutched onto the end of the window before jumping to the ground, managing to scratch my back against the wall. I slung my bag over my shoulder and ran towards the parking lot. I saw Issacs familiar black Audi and I made my way towards it and getting in. I threw my bags in the back before making eye contact with Issac.

"What's going on, why are you still in your PE kit?" he asked glaring confusion towards me.

"I'll explain when we get home." I pulled my seatbelt and plugged it in.

Issac grabbed my chin so I was facing him. "Why is there a massive bruise on your cheek?" He said in a more aggressive tone.

"Please just start driving." He took the handbrake of and began to drive.

I was not looking forward to explaining this.

Hi <3 hope your liking it so far. There's much more to come. Riley gets closer with Ollie, and what will her brothers say about it? as well as the performance. Thank you for all support it means a lot to me.