Chapter 5 - A Day of Swordmanship With the Disciples

The curtain was flung open by a snap of the fingers.

Xie Lian smiled. "It's a good day today."

Indeed, like he said, it was a good day. The trees and plants appeared exquisitely fresh while bathing in the rays of the sun. A thrifting smell of a sweet fragrance had coaxed many disciples into waking up from their sleep to the beautiful morning. It was a good day. It seemed perfect-

Hua Cheng frowned. He extended out a hand to touch the dark circles underneath Xie Lian's eyes. His slender and pale hand gently caressed his lover's smooth skin. "Did you sleep well?"

Xie Lian's small smile stiffened. He guiltily looked to the opposing wall. Beyond that wall was a room belonging to a pair of cultivating lovers (ahem; Lan Zhan, Wei Ying). Last night, they were tossing each other on the bed mercilessly. Xie Lian couldn't help but wish for a more insulated wall. Just thinking about it makes the white-clothed scrap picker red in the face.

Moving his finger over his lover's face, Hua Cheng's eyes were full of gentleness. He sighed, patting Xie Lian softly on his head. "I'll get you a better room for tonight, okay?"

Xie Lian nodded. He succumbed to his lover's caress.

His curtain of eyelashes fell over his golden eyes, faltering for a second. Then, they brightened. "Alright! San Lang," he softly brushed Hua Cheng's hand off his own head, holding them with care, "Let's get to the lesson with Peak Master Shen."

The first thing in the morning that caught Shen Qingqiu's eyes were the scrap picker and ghost king. They were running to Shen Qingqiu's side, waving good morning. Likewise, the Peak Master did the same.

"I'm glad that you've arrived early for this morning's lesson." Shen Qingqiu sat elegantly on chair while holding a cup of porcelain tea, sipping it to his own content. By his side was Luo Binghe, who was also prepared for the morning's lesson. As time passed by, more disciples had arrived to the patch of grass-less ground; surrounded by a forest of trees and bamboos.

The disciples were slightly confused to see more older cultivators than expected. Was today a special lesson? They had such a thought in their minds.

At the last second, Wei Ying and Lan Zhan had finally arrived.

Their robes of red and black, and white and blue had flown in the breeze senselessly. "Yo, Shen-xiong." Wei Ying waved to Shen Qingqiu, who frowned in response. "Wei Ying," he declared, "Please call me Peak Master Shen Qingqiu from now on."

Luo Binghe sneered, "Yeah. Listen to Shizun's words."

A glum expression plastered on Wei Ying face. Suddenly, a bright idea popped in his mind. His gloomy face was replaced by one of excitement. "Hey, if I'm learning underneath Shen Qingqiu, then does that mean I'm inclined to call him 'Shizun' too?"

"Hey!" Luo Binghe snapped. His face was dark and scary. "You're not his official disciple. You have no right to call him as your master."

Wei Ying smirked. "What? Are you jealous?"

Luo Binghe mumbled something unknown underneath his breath as he was tormented with irritation. Shen Qingqiu watched him pitifully and smacked him lightly on the head with his closed fan. "Enough enough. We'll begin this morning's lesson peacefully. Let's start with some meditation."

As he said that, the disciples began sitting on the paved ground, resting their hands on their laps.

Shen Qingqiu began monologue-ing. "Circulate your Qi from the tip of your head all the way to the soles of your feet. Make sure to breathe in from the bottom of your lungs... then breathe out through your mouth."