Chapter 23- Unshed Tears

Author's POV

While addressing the people Ram felt a powerful jerk, as a result of which he lost his balance and banged on the floor near the pillar, a few meters away from where he was addressing the people. Everyone heard a smashing sound and their hearts were in their mouth.

"Ram!Shatrughan!" came some voices among the screams.

"Bhaiya? Are you Okay?" Shatrughan who fell on Ram while pushing him asked in a concerned voice after recovering from the shock. Because of the force Ram's head hit the floor because of which, he was still not completely conscious. His head was throbbing badly.

Everyone rushed to their side immediately , while a wave of gossip formed among the common people. Afterall, a Chandelier fell on the Royal Prince of Ayodhya.

"Shatrughan, Ram! Are you both alright? " a panicked Kaushalya questioned

"Mata, I am alright bit I don't think about Ram Bhaiya " shatrughan said , getting back to his feet.

"Lata, go and bring water for them fast."a worried Sumitra instructed to a nearby dasi and went to Ram's side to check him.

"I am fine! Please, don't worry." Ram who was now almost back to his senses announced.

"Narayan ka lakh lakh shukar hai ke mere bache surakshit hai." an emotional Kaushalya caressed their faces and pecked them on their forehead respectively.(By Narayan's grace my sons are alright.)

"Let's take them to their room, there vaidya Ji will check them." Dashtrath instructed everyone.

Room

Ram was on his bed with Keikeyi and Kaushalya by his each side, while Vaidya Ji was checking him.

"Maharaj, everything is fine. There is nothing to worry about. Rajkumar is absolutely fine. Just give him rest for the day." saying this the royal physician left.

"God Forbids!Had shatrughan not pushed Ram at the right time, what would have happened?" Keikeyi questioned.

"Maa! I am fine. Please stop worrying. It was just an accident" Ram held Keikeyi's hand firmly, assuring him.

All this while, there was this single person who was a silent spectator and didn't speak a word, and left the room abruptly. Bharat looked at Ram for confirmation to which Ram nodded and he immediately followed the former.

Before, Bharat could catch hold of that person, he was gone. Bharat very well knew, where to find him for he was a piece of Bharat's heart. He immediately walked towards the armory, only to see his brother swinging a sword frantically. He was not practicing, he was just being clumsy and careless. His moves were extremely dangerous, the relieved part being he was alone no one was around him. With his frantic moves, groans and screams escaped his mouth at several intervals. It was all his frustration and anger that was oozing out. And deep down it was his guilt.Guilt of not being there at the right time for his brothers.

"Laksh" Bharat moaned softly. But Laksh was unstoppable

He went close to his little brother, Laksh's entire body was covered in sweat. His eyes were red, they were the unshed tears, that were piercing heart since last few hours. Deep down Bharat's condition was the same, both of them could have lost their breath today. It was true that the breath of Ayodhya brothers resided in their brothers.

Bharat firmly held Laksh's shoulders and hugged him, not even caring an ounce that the sword in his hands could have harmed him. Bharath's warmth calmed the storm inside Lakshman. He dropped his sword and clutched Bharat tightly. Both of them didn't utter a single word, just stayed in each other's embrace, finding their comfort.