Chapter 16 - Living With The Thornlands

---This is also pretty short, I just want to make sure i have some stockpiled so if there's a period where I'm not able to write I'll have something to upload. I appreciate any comments, votes and shares. They help a lot. Thanks!---

We walk down the halls hand in hand. It was dark out so all the students had already gone home. We quickly made are way to what looked like his sleek black crni maserati. His family must be rich, though their house seemed more on the average side. 

After about twenty or so minutes we arrived at Liam's house. We walked up the stone stairs and through the front door.

"Mom, we have a guest." Liam shouted through the house. I could hear her footsteps approaching.

"Harvey, you're back!" Marie says now hugging me tightly.

"Would it be okay if he stayed with us for a day or two?" Liam asks looking around, probably for Marvin.

"Sure, but may i ask why?" Marie ask still excited.

"He was hit pretty hard in the head with a basketball. The nurse said to have someone watch over him, but his parents are out of town." He answers with pity in his voice.

"Oh my!" She gasps placing a hand at my cheeks, now noticing my face. I'm pretty sure my nose is broken. I have it supported in some kind of bandage. I just smile at her. I'm surprised she cares. I haven't experienced affection like this since i was around seven. and that was from my parents.

Liam hauled me upstairs by my hand. I felt like i was a twig being pulled by a current.

"Dinner will be ready soon boys!" Marie shouted up the stairs.

Liam opened his door and signaled me in. Before i could try and sit in the corner like last time Liam pulled me over to his bed and sat me down. I didn't know what to do, so i just sat still looking around awkwardly, and definitely a little red. He took a seat beside me and the bed lowered in size from his weight.

"When did you learn to play basketball like that?" He asks, almost sounding like couldn't wait to get the question out.

"I-I run everyday so... i guess that helps?" I reply, coming out more so as a question.

"That can't be all..." His eyes narrowed, which definitely got me nervous.

"W-well... I mean I uh... I do play a lot of NBA2K." I say as I shrink in my seat, scared.

"Sorry, i didn't mean to make you uncomfortable, its just that you're already at pro level, with little practice." He beams wearing a warm smile. That made my heart skip a beat. I'm so tempted kiss him right now... but i need to hold myself back. I don't even know if he likes men. He's always dating women, so i assume he's straight.

"N-no... its fine." I assured, growing a shy smile.

"What else are you good at?" He asks tilting his head in curiosity. I just shrug. I don't know anything else other than what I've told him.

"Wait, there is chess." I realize holding a hand to my chin.

"Oh, cool." He says quickly pulling a tablet from under his bed. He loaded an app, it was chess.

"I have to warn you I'm pretty good." He said as he chuckled. I just shot him a huge grin.

"I'm not bad myself." I say as he starts up a match.

We got comfortable on his bed and began playing. I couldn't really read him the first few turns but after awhile i picked up on his strategy. I removed his pieces one by one.

"Dude! How are you doing this?" He says scratching his head in frustration. It made me laugh, and he smiled.

"I've seen so many patterns, I can tell what you'll do next." I answer after I'm done laughing. Right before we could finish the game Marie told us dinner was ready. 

We went to the dining table and it had three plates of pasta. I was curious as to why there were only three. Marie seemed to notice my curiosity.

"Marvin won't be home for dinner tonight, he has to stay at work late." She says in a light voice, only, wearing a little frown.

"Alright lets eat, I'm hungry!" Liam said, now sitting. 

"So uh... Marie, did you... uh... make the muffin recipe yet?" I ask hesitantly.

"You know, i did actually! They weren't as good as yours but still otherworldly!" She replies beaming with joy. "Y'know, there are still some left in the fridge if you want to try them."

"S-sure, if that'd be okay." I smile going back to the delicious pasta. This must be what having a normal family feels like. I could live here forever, but i definitely don't want to intrude.

"Boy, you're really enjoying that aren't you?" Liam says teasingly. 

"Its not everyday that i get to eat homemade food by anyone other than myself." I pout at him and go back to my food. Liam and Marie's faces grew an expression of pity.

We finished up, and i helped Marie with the dishes. She was extremely grateful. When we were done she handed me a bowl with a muffin and a scoop of ice cream.

"Thanks Marie." I said, giving her a sheepish smile. Liam poked his head into the kitchen to check up on our progress with the dishes. He saw that we had finished.

"Yo, Harvey, wanna play some Xbox?" Liam ask staring at me.

"Yeah, sure." It made me happy that he wanted to play with me again. I never imagined I would've ever gotten to spend this much time with my crush in my lifetime.