𝟓𝟔 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤

I slept soundly to the hum of my empty dreams, enveloped in Anakin's arms, sinking deeper into the bedsheets. Everything was perfect, that was until...

I awoke at the strength of Anakin's arms squeezing tighter around my waist, not harshly, in more of a protective manner, but strong enough to wake me up.

I thought nothing of it at first and began to let myself drift back off to sleep.

"No" a sleep-filled plea slipped from Anakin's lips.

He was dreaming.

"She's mine" he mumbled again, his grip tightening around my body "leave her alone"

That's when I started to shift, turning myself over as best as possible to face him as his breathing quickened and emotions heightened.

"Please don't hurt her" he strained under the mask of his nightmare.

It was dark in our room, but light enough for me to see the sweat drenching his forehead and chest as the dim morning sunrise of Coruscant creeped in.

"Anakin" I whispered, placing my hand against his chest and tapping lightly.

Still he didn't stir.

His distress only intensified.

"Honey please wake up, you're scaring me" I whispered again.

Countless attempts left me at my last resort as I shuffled up the bed so that my lips could reach his, I planted a long kiss onto his lips until his eventually eyes shot open.

He sprung upright, his hands planting themselves either side of him for stability as his chest heaved up on down. (GIF above)

I sat up with him and he almost jumped at my touch when he realised I was right beside him.

His eyes traced my face almost in disbelief that I was there, like he was staring right at the face of a ghost.

"You want to talk about it?" I offered him a comforting smile.

He leaned down, dropping his head into his hands as I moved my hand to his back, rubbing my fingers across his skin.

"I just...I can't stop seeing what I did to you, back on the dreadnaught...I can see that it's me hurting you, but at the same time, I have no idea who that man is. I'm just, so...so sorry" he croaked, the pain in his voice was unbearable.

"Anakin...look at me"

He returned to sit upright and reluctantly shifted his eyes back to me, like looking at me would add fuel to fire of shame burning inside of him.

I grabbed his face in my hands so to keep his stare locked with mine.

"I am absolutely fine...you could never hurt me" I took him by his wrist and directed his fingers slowly over to my neck.

I assisted his hands in following the small, fading bruises he had left on my throat back on Grievous's ships a few weeks ago.

He winced as he observed them before I spoke again "the nurse said that we would expect some spikes of that terrible chemical as you went through recovery but Anakin, you are not and never will be Darth Vader again, ok?"

His eyes stayed glued to the bruises.

"ok?" once again I took his face in my hands and tilted it to face me.

"I love you so much" he launched himself onto me, a smile escaping at his lips as he engulfed me in his embrace.

He lowered my back onto the bed and held himself up on top of me as his dishevelled hair gravitated to brush against my face.