Chapter 39

Hello! It's just me, your friendly neighborhood Wattpad author.

So, this chapter is a bit of a filler chapter, but it does contain some VITAL information about the previous Keeper and what being a Keeper really means. If you do not want to be highly confused about this, please read carefully.

Alrighty, lez get it.

Love you!

-Max

////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hoseok's eyes were narrowed slightly as he stared at the small book he held in his hands, a soft sigh falling from his lips as his fingers brushed over the cover.

"So, this is what you meant." He mused aloud, "Things would have been so much easier if you hadn't left like that."

He raised his gaze from the book, his eyes moving to look out of the window he currently sat in front of, his mind flashing back to the day when everything had changed for the two of you.

"I need you to promise me, Hoseok."

Your father's voice was stern and heavy, his eyes set in determination as he stared at the young boy.

"I-I don't understand," He confessed sadly. "W-Why do you have to go? Y-Y/n is going to be so sad if you leave her."

Your father sent him a sad smile, his dark hair falling over his eyes.

"She-" He paused, taking a deep breath. "She won't even know I'm gone."

Hoseok's eyes widened, brows furrowing.

"Y-Yes she will!" He argued. "You-You're her dad! She's going to know that you left her all alone!-"

"She won't." He interrupted. "Because she isn't going to remember me...She can't."

Hoseok blinked, his bright eyes slowly beginning to fill with tears.

"Wh-What do you mean?" He whispered. "Where are you going? Why are you leaving her? Has she been bad?!"

Your father shook his head, curly locks waving in the process as his bright blue eyes began to fill with tears.

"I have to go somewhere." He explained. "Somewhere that I cannot come back from...I'm..."

Hoseok watched with sad eyes as the man struggled to find the right words, his hand running through his hair as he stared at the young boy with a sympathetic smile.

"I'm dying, Hoseok." He deadpanned.

The chestnut-haired boy's eyes widened, his hands shaking as his body stiffened in shock.

"B-But," He paused. "You look healthy...I-I saw you eat a bunch of apples...that-that means that you aren't supposed to get sick."

Your father laughed, shaking his head.