2.16

The female interns sat at Joe's, Helena drinking her usual gin and tonic, as they watched Burke and Derek aggressively play darts

"Ugh, he's picturing my face." Cristina complained. "He's totally picturing that dart puncturing my scull."

"Derek is picturing you." Izzie laughed to Meredith.

"He called me a whore..." The shorter blond complained.

"Yes, he lost the right to picture you." The short intern took a sip of her drink as Meredith hummed in approval.

"So I fall asleep during sex, so what." Cristina complained. "Ass!" She shouted at Burke.

"Ass." Meredith agreed, talking about Derek as Helena giggled.

"Oh, Ass! Hey!" Izzie greeted Alex as he walked it.

"Isobel Stevens finally left the hospital." The blond girl took a shot. "Does that mean heart patient dude finally kicked it?"

"Alex, do not be mean." Helena shot him a warning glare, having realised how much Izzie had grown to love the man.

As George walked it, the former model yelled, excited. "George!" As she noticed his girlfriend, she let out an unenthusiastic. "Hey." It reminds Helena of the mean girls back in school, the ones that always talked badly about someone behind their back.

"Hi, Callie." Meredith greeted drily, still iffy about the woman.

"Hey, Dr. Torres." Cristina did the same, unbothered.

Helena liked Callie, she really did. She though she could be good for George and she definitely did not like how her friends treated her. So, at that, she moved closer to the woman, in an attempt to welcome her better. "Hi, Callie. I'm glad you could come." She smiled at the resident.

"Thanks, Lena." The woman gave her a grateful and relived smile.

"A gin and tonic and a beer." George ordered.

"Oh, you like gin and tonic too? It's practically my go to drink." The short girl asked Callie, in an attempt to get to know her better.

After some conversation filled with giggles, the short girl told her. "You know, I noticed they aren't the nicest to you, but try not to let it get you down. Meredith will probably warm up to you in time and Cristina... well, that was just Cristina being Cristina, it's not personal. I promised their both nicer when you get to know them." She smiled softly at her friend's girlfriend.

"It's fine, I'll survive. Though Izzie can sort of remind me of the mean girls back in school." The taller woman shuddered slightly.

"Honestly, I sort of got that feeling too. She's never been mean to me but the way she acts around you isn't exactly... mature." She sighed. "You would have thought I'd be the one to act like a teenager with my age and all..." Helena let out a giggle, to clear the air.