Chapter 19

Not me writing this while doing a Harry Potter marathon with my family😭😭😭

"Well, that was fun," Cassie said with a lopsided smirk while stumbling out of the broom closet.

A little redhead Ravenclaw girl waltzed out following her while smoothing down her uniform.

It was undeniable how charming and gorgeous Cassie is. She had dozens of girls and guys lining up to get some time with her, but that all died down once Cedric came around.

Despite being the flirtatious person she was, Cassie never even thought about anyone else when she had Cedric by her side. Now that he was gone though, she felt lost and in need of a companion, even if it was only for a few minutes at a time.

"Will I see you again?" the girl purred.

Cassie loosely tied her red and gold tie while chuckling at her words. "You know me, these are one time things."

The girl looked defeated, "Well, I just thought-"

"Sorry if I made you think different," she cut her off, "but I'm not looking for anything more."

The first week back passed by unusually slow. Every day went by slower and slower, but alas, it was finally Friday. Cassie only had one class on Friday's, double Potions, but she really didn't feel like dealing with Snape today, so she skipped leading her to this moment with the pretty Ravenclaw.

As Cassie sauntered away down the corridor to avoid anymore interactions with the girl, she heard a slow clap erupt to the right of her.

Glancing over, she saw Fred leaning against the wall with an amused look on his face.

"Having fun, are we?" he teased. "I think you broke her heart."

"Ha ha, very funny," Cassie said rolling her eyes.

She continued to walk down the corridor, but before she could get too far, Fred walked over and pushed her lightly up against the wall. Cassie's breath hitched as he towered over her short frame, leaning his lips dangerously close to her ear, for the second time in a week.

"You know," he whispered seductively, "we could have loads of fun as well."

Cassie shuddered at his words, unable to let out the breath she has been holding in.

"Just give me the word and I'm yours."

As she let out a low gasp, Fred chuckled at her reactions, giving a small kiss to her upper cheek before pulling away.

"I'll see you around, Cass," he said winking as he set off down the corridor leaving a stunned Cassie.

She wanted to have a piece of Fred, truly, but a part of Cassie knew that if she gave in, she'd never be able to let him go. Cassie knew it wouldn't be a one time thing and that scared her to death. It's only been a few months since Cedric died, what would that say about her moving on that quickly?

Trying to shake off her feelings, Cassie decided to set off toward Dumbledore's office for their first weekly meeting.

"Sherbet Lemon," she said to the golden gargoyle, causing a staircase to appear.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Black," Dumbledore greeted as she stepped into his office.

"Good afternoon, Professor!"

"I hope your first week back has gone smoothly?" he asked with a knowing glint in his eye.

Cassie sighed, "It could have been better, but it's fine."