b a l l 2

Chloé POV
____________

"Chloé Delacour and Draco Malfoy!"

As I heard my name, my face immediately froze. I quickly put the flask into my purse before someone sees and turned to Dumbledore to see if he's just joking. It has to be a joke, a really really bad one.

But his face is serious and he's looking right at me. Or more like everybody is looking right at me. Cedric's smile left his face, his eyebrows are frowned now.

How could this happen?
What do I do now?

"Chloé, go take that tiara, girl." Encouraged me Ginny and tapped my shoulder.

I glanced at Draco, who seems to be having an angry discussion Pansy. Of course she doesn't like it.

"Cedr-"

"Just go." He said and a smiled, but I know it's fake.

I slowly stoop up from the chair and so did Draco, he was probably waiting for my first move. As I'm going through the dancing floor on the podium. I feel everyone's eyes on me. My fingers are trembling from nervousness and my feet are a bit clumsy because of the alcohol.

What am I supposed to do now?

Draco walked on the podium and stood next to me.

"Come on, hold your hands." Said Dumbledore.

After a few seconds of thinking, Draco gently grabbed my hand like it's made of glass, I squeezed it a bit and then waited for Dumbledore.

He placed a beautiful silver tiara with three emerald crystals on my hair and then shook my hand. I've never been more confused in my life. I thought this whole thing is for couples.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the Slytherin queen and the Slytherin king!" 

I looked around the room. Only a few people are clapping, most of them are looking at us with a disgust. The only person is truly happy is Blaise, who even stood up and showed a big 'like' hands to us.

"And now, as on each Hogwarts ball,  the winner pairs shall have a dance. Let the dance floor be yours."

Great, now I have to dance with him even more. I feel like the whole universe is working against me.

As I was walking to the dance floor, I quickly glanced at Cedric. His face looks a bit angry, but he forced a little smile at me. I mouthed
'sorry', that's the most I could do at this point.

When the four pairs got there, the music started

When the four pairs got there, the music started. Draco firmly grabbed my waist with his one hand and my palm with another one. His moves seem rather robotic than gently and passionate. Our eyes meet and we don't let go of the eye contact through the whole dance.