5. Jaguar & Me

After eating all the plants he was given, Lee Hyunjin slept. The Jaguar moved closer to him and he felt warm, like he was tucked away in a safe corner.

But then about thirty minutes into his sleep, Lee Hyunjin's stomach began aching. It was mild at first but then the pain kept intensifying, to the point that the pain in his leg even felt nice in comparison.

Lee Hyunjin couldn't toss and turn as much as he wanted because of his leg. He held his stomach and tried to curl himself into a ball but then his leg hurt reminding him of the state he was in.

All those happy feelings from earlier were replaced with pure agony.

Lee Hyunjin once again felt that he was really going to die. Ever since he came to this world how many times has he danced with death?

He groaned, scrunching up his face as the pain refused to leave. What's worse was that his consciousness never started flickering as if he needed to be awake for this experience.

His stomach felt like lighting bolts were having a party inside, poking holes here and there.

Lee Hyunjin's groans woke the jaguar.

It looked at him with its eyes that still held a trace of tiredness then slowly rose. Stepping away from Lee Hyunjin, it left the cave and ventured into the forest.

Lee Hyunjin looked at the figure of the jaguar getting further and further away, its black coat blended in with the night as if they were one and soon enough he couldn't see it anymore.

Alone in the cave, Lee Hyunjin endured the pain.

He wondered if his days would always be like this, always in pain.

Whilst he was soaking in despair the jaguar returned with another bunch of plants in its mouth.

The moment Lee Hyunjin saw them he turned away refusing to eat them. Who knew what kind of pain these ones would bring him...

He turned his head away whilst still clutching his stomach. The jaguar seemed to understand his message. It pushed the plants closer and when Lee Hyunjin didn't turn around it growled.

At first Lee Hyunjin still didn't respond so it growled again. Lee Hyunjin was scared but he stood his ground and then the Jaguars patience ran out.

The vicious snarl resounded in the cave, it's echo making it more spine-chilling and terrifying.

Half scared and half sulking Lee Hyunjin immediately turned around and picked up the plants.

Under the supervision of the jaguar he ate each and everyone of them, even those that had a mild white glow. Unlike the others, these plants had a sweeter taste, they didn't sting his tongue either.

Surprisingly, the pain lessened after eating and Lee Hyunjin fell asleep as if he'd been knocked out.

The next day was exactly the same. The jaguar brought some plants, he ate them and had a stomach ache then the jaguar brought the white plants, he ate them and felt better.

Lee Hyunjin noticed that, the first batch of plants was never the same, it was always something new (and sometimes glowing) but the second batch was exactly the same, he thought that the second batch of plants has some healing properties.
.
.
.

"Erm... you know, if you don't mind can I give you a name?" Lee Hyunjin one day asked.

It was already the seventh day since he woke in the cave. The sun had just risen and the two were about to start their daily routine.

Lee Hyunjin (And the author) felt that it was very inconvenient always calling this animal 'the jaguar' and after spending some time together he felt that they were at least on first name basis right?