Chapter 18

Rita's pov

I didn't know when I fell asleep, but I woke up as I  felt the mattress on my right-side sink and the blanket move.

Looking to my side, I saw nothing but darkness die to my night blindness. "R-Roman?" I asked hesitantly.

"I want to sleep, ragazza," I heard him grunt. Sighing, I tried to move a little, but the handcuffs made it difficult to turn on my side.

"Where did you go?" I asked him in the dark. "To hell, you wanted to come with me?" he asked with a hum.

"I just saw Nicolai days ago, I am good," I muttered, moving my legs, intentionally kicking him to let some frustration out.

"Rita!" He gritted out.

"I'm sorry, it's just really uncomfortable to sleep while being chained," I claimed with a sigh. "Why do you have handcuffs in your bedside table? You often bring your captives into your bedroom?"

He chuckled amused. "No, but my companions for the night."

"Companions for the night," I repeated confused. "Women," he said, confusing me more.

"You chain women to your bed? And then what? Kill them?" I asked with a gasp, terrified for my life once again.

"Only if they talk too much," he growled at me. "Alright, I get it, I'm sorry," I muttered, shutting up.

Gulping, I moved more to the edge of the bed, moaning as I hurt my wrist. "You good?" he asked me with a sigh.

"Yes, I just hurt my cuffed wrist while trying to get in a comfortable position," I mumbled, rubbing my hurting wrist. I moved again a little.

"You're moving too much, I can't sleep that way," he huffed. Then, the mattress under me moved and I heard noises. I cursed as I realized he was searching for something in his bedside table, probably for a weapon to kill me.

"I am sorry! Please don't kill me!" I begged, feeling anxious. I screamed as I felt him closer to me.

"Shut the fuck up!" he screamed back, before I felt a hand over my mouth. Trembling, I tried to remove his hand with my free hand, but he was way stronger than me. "And stay put!"

"What the hell was that?" he asked as my stomach growled. "Are you hungry?"

Whining, I nodded my head. Sighing, he said, "I will remove my hand, and if you scream again, I will seriously kill you, understood?" I nodded again.

"How long have you been not eaten?" he asked, freeing my wrist. "For almost three days," I muttered, biting my lip in embarrassment as my stomach made embarrassing noises, it sounded like I had diarrhea.

I sighed and relaxed a little, sitting up straighter and rubbing my wrists to ease the pain.

My wrists were already damaged as I had pulled on the cable ties, trying to get rid of them. And the handcuffs didn't make the damage on my wrist any better now.

"Get up," he said, grabbing my arm before dragging me out of the room. I was glad he was pulling me with him as I saw nothing but darkness. "Where are we going?" I asked with a frown.

"To get some food in your stomach," he claimed as we left the bedroom and went downstairs before entering the kitchen.

"Sit down," he ordered me, pointing to the chairs around the kitchen island. Quietly, I sat on one of the chairs, watching him fetch food from the refrigerator.

"I can't cook, so you have to deal with ready meals while being my guest," he said, putting the frozen food in the oven.

"You mean captive," I muttered, my eyes focused on the muscles on his back. He was only wearing boxers, always sleeping in boxers next to me.