9

Lexi

"I'm really jealous of you. I'm not gonna lie," Isla tells me, sipping her mimosa right after.

"Why?" I almost laugh, but I know why. We've had this conversation a million times.

"He just sent you a good morning text. I don't even get a text back," she sighs, Margo taking a seat beside me as she joins us for brunch.

"Isla, we've told you, your taste in men suck," she reminds her, and I raise my eyebrows. Isla has a tendency for frat boys, and we've always said that they are no good.

"And this is why bottomless mimosas are not enough to fill the pain that is men," she says, downing the rest of her flute. I laugh at her and feel my phone buzz beside me, my fingers swiping on Judd's message.

He had just woken up and is getting ready for his game this afternoon. I promised him I'll be in the stands, ready to watch.

"How is this going? I feel like all we talk about is that fact that he's flawless," Margo says, and I smile.

"It's good. I'm really happy. And I can tell he's been taking this really slow, which I appreciate," I tell them, and Isla sits up.

"Have you told him you still hold onto your v-card?" she asks, and I nod.

It's clear to see that Judd has also been playing a lot of the intimacy safe as well. There had been times we were making out in his room, or in mine, and he didn't know where to put his hands. There's potential it's because he's new at this, but I know that it's most likely because he doesn't want to push things too far.

I appreciate it.

"Have you, you know, thought about maybe doing anything with him?" Margo asks, and I shrug. It's not really on my mind yet, but I'm sure there is a chance in the future I might start thinking about that kind of stuff.

"He's very...reserved. We're really trying to figure everything out still," I tell them, and they both smile at me.

"I'm happy for you," Isla says, and I blush. My phone buzzes again and I see Judd's message about hanging out after the game. I tell him to focus about the game first, then we can talk about after. The last thing I want to be is a distraction in Judd Styles' career. He has to focus on that, especially since the NFL is looking at him.

He sends a wink emoji after and I just smile, setting the phone down after telling him good luck.

The girls and I finish brunch and we head to the stadium, hanging out with a few of our friends in the parking lot beforehand. I drink a couple beers while hanging out and the buzz I feel when we finally enter the stadium is fun. I'm a happy drunk, and I'm proud of it.

I grab my phone to see if I had any messages from Judd, surprised to see one. It's from a while ago, so I open it.

Judd: come by the gates at halftime

My cheeks flame and I look out on the field for his number. He's in the middle, warming up with a few of the other teammates. For some reason, my eyes divert to look at his butt, and it makes me smile. He's got a cute butt.

When the game starts, the girls and I just talking. We don't have a clue as to what's going on, but it's fun to be here. The boys are in the lead but the other team is catching up, so it's pretty even right now. It's hard for me to look anywhere but Judd, even if he's standing on the sidelines. He wears a headband so his brown curls are pushed out of his face. I don't know why but it looks so hot.

Halftime come and I walk over to the gates, the boys running into the building so they can meet. My eyes scan for Judd and I see him, his body jumping up on the side. He leans up and I quickly kiss him before he jumps down, sending me a wink before he walks into the building.

My cheeks flame as I rush back to my friends, both of them hugging me. "That was so fucking cute," they squeal, my smile so wide that it nearly hurts my face.

The game continues and Judd makes a few plays where his name is announced. It's a tight game down towards the end, and we actually pay attention. It seems as if we need to prevent the other team from scoring, but I don't know. I'm clueless when it comes to football.

All I know is Judd is on defense, and he has to help make sure the other team doesn't score. I'm sure that he's been doing that the entire game, but it's more intense now.

I watch as the opposing team throws the ball and I almost curse, but I see Judd reach up and grab it. My lips part and the people around us cheer, my body jumping up. Judd runs towards their own endzone and pushes a few people away. His legs are grabbed and he keeps moving, but gets tackled. However, his arms lift while holding the ball and he falls, the ball landing on the line.

I'm not sure what's happening, but cheering is happening and then they announce that Judd just scored.

The girls and I cheer and I watch as Judd runs off the field, pulling his helmet off as he does so. His smile is so bright that I can see it from here, and I for a split second feel as if our eyes meet. Then I know for sure they did when I receive another wink, causing my cheeks to blush profusely.