Chapter 27

The date turned out to be one of Estella’s favorite days and she couldn't keep her smile off throughout the time she spent with Edward. He was charming as always, however, Estella could never have taken him as that romantic.

A long night drive, ice cream parlor, and overnight skating in ice rinks, and when finally the night came to an end with the sun only a couple of hours away, they were lucky enough to find a place to eat at three in the morning before landing up in Edward’s apartment an hour later.

The next morning, Estella fixed them breakfast as he explained he was not much of a cook. They sat by the balcony, enjoying coffee and momentarily staring eye to eye until she realized people would be coming over soon.

“I’m thinking of finding a new office,” Edward said when she picked up the empty cups to place them back on the counter.

“All of a sudden, why is that?” she asked and sat back sensing an interesting conversation ahead.

“We don’t have privacy here,” he replied, shifting in his chair, then reverting his eyes at the endless sky.
“Also, we could use a break from work and go somewhere alone.”

She smiled. “Hmm. We could but right now is not the time.”

“Why not?”

“Well, first we just went online with our work, and Maaz and others need our help. We've all been overworking. And second, I can't think of leaving my mother.”

“She looks great.”

Estella gave him a serious look.  “As if looks could tell what the person is feeling inside.”

“Don’t be mad. I want you. I want so much more of you.”

“You have me,” she said, emphasizing her words. Lately, she had noticed a remarkable difference in Edward. Not only he had been spending much more time with them than before, he asked Estella to shower him with more time. There had been moments when he’d dismiss everyone and much to her surprise, no one would question him but quietly leave them alone.

“I could never get enough of you,” he replied.

“So cheezy,” she said jokingly but he seemed to mind the joke.

“You think I’m lying.”

“Uh-huh!”

“What do else do you think I lie about?” He shot her a different look which she wasn't able to put her finger on it.

Nevertheless, she enjoyed teasing him and took it as him being the usual cute. “Hmm, let me think.” She spoke after a quick pause. "I’d say you're a mystery, not wanting to be unfold and  that is why you refuse to let me in.”

“I’m as open as a book,” he replied, stifling a chuckle. “Trust me you have nothing to be worried about.”

Estella wanted to disagree but shrugged it off. She already had a spat with him a while ago and she wasn't ready for another. Not after she promised to give him the time he needed to open up his issues with her. Also, she trusted him and their relationship.

“Come here,” she heard him calling and felt embarrassed for being lost in her reverie. Putting on a smile she moved closer and sat on his lap, pecking softly on his lips. “You have no idea how much happy you make me.”

“Then I think you won’t freak out if I ask you to move in with me,” she said, encircling her arms around his neck, anticipating his reaction.

He gave none.

They sat silently for another couple of minutes, watching and listening to the serene view, probably reminiscing the moments they made in such a long time. Asking for him to move in with her seemed a lot for both of them but she trusted the time was right and so were they.

Her eyes went close when Edward’s lips touched the nape of her skin and she felt lost on the ecstatic touch of his.

He held her fingers, clasping them, intensifying the long kisses from her plush neck to her shoulder and then to her arms, shifting her body to adjust more comfortably with him. She enjoyed every bit of love he showed to her and made her fall in love harder.

“So when do I move in,” he finally answered.

......

Vote and comment