Part Eight: Concealed Schemes & Cloudy Suspicions

C.W: Mentions of sexual misconduct.

Ever since L.A, you'd been on edge about your relationship with Harry. It had so quickly become more complicated than either of you had planned and you were both withholding things from each other which was seeping into the dynamic and distorting it.

Harry wasn't sure how to tell you he'd slept with his ex that had been so cruel to you. He wasn't even sure he wanted to tell you at all. But he knew that picture was circulating and he was sure you'd seen it and it was evident that if you had, you were too hurt to bring it up.

You still didn't know how to approach the situation of your kiss. You were sure he'd be annoyed you'd kept it from him and why. It would say one of two things to him: it was just a kiss and you didn't want to give him the wrong idea, or the kiss meant more to you than you'd be able to express and it would lead to the one thing you'd been avoiding with him.

Regardless of your secrets, you arrived back in London from your work trip with Harry waiting for you in his Range Rover. He knew that picking you up from the airport was a risk but he simply could not resist. You were stoked to see him and ready to spend some quality time with the man who had captured your attention so fiercely over the months.

You planned to spend a couple of days with him and Harry was elated to have you as his guest. He ensured the guest bedroom and en suite was in great shape for you to stay in. He didn't want to assume anything so he made sure the bedding was crisp and clean and smelt of his favourite homely scent.

To prepare his home, he deep cleaned every surface, every corner, brought the most expensive scent diffusers, and stationed them everywhere in the house until it was cocooning him in warm honey and smoky vanilla.

It was a lovely couple of days. He stocked up on your favourite sweets and herbal teas and listened while you debriefed from work. He was attentive and interested in every word that came from your mouth.

He coursed you on his upcoming schedule, this week full of interviews and studio sessions and a few shows the following week. He was almost done with his second album, but was still undecided on the order of it and told you he rearranged it in his mind multiple times a day.

The two of you cooked breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day while listening to records that played in the next room over. That and the smell of cooking food, the crackling of the lit fireplace was a very cozy setting.

"You should come to one of my shows next week. The one on Thursday is gonna be a good one." He said. He was nervous, wanting to show you his craft this way so he could fully immerse you in it and serenade you and spray you with the water from his bottles kept on stage. He wanted to look into the crowd and see you staring back at him in awe of his magic.

"I'd love that, Harry, I can't wait."

You'd not seen him live before. You'd been to a couple of rehearsals but were never available to catch the proper performance and it made you excited just thinking about seeing his aura in a compacted space.

He cheekily gave you some of his merch; a black hoodie and you vowed to wear it everywhere. It was oversized and you weren't kidding, you'd never want to take it off.

You shared a bed every night. It became so routine, so normal and you even looked forward to it. He was so cuddly and dreamlike and made you feel comfortable as you were falling asleep.

As much as Harry thought a million dirty thoughts about you, things he wanted to do to you. With you. He also fantasied about simple things. Like coming home to you after a long day of interviews, coming with you to your work events and kissing you in front of everyone, taking you out to dinner and a movie. Going shopping with you and holding your hand as you meandered down the busy streets of London. They were unrealistic aspects of life he wouldn't experience in his life and he knew at that moment he'd fallen pretty fucking hard.