Chapter 24

=Alexandra POV=

   Zack took me to a park, and we sat for a while, seeing the stars and getting to know each other. He told me a lot about his family and how they used to go out and do fun stuff together. Clearly, he has a great family; he also has a bigger brother, but he's out of the country for his job. He told me about how his dad passed on the mafia to him at a young age, but of course I knew that knowing he is one of the most feared mafias in the world. I opened up to him and told him more about my life, including what happened when I joined the mafia and my life as a kid. I also told him about mom, how she looked with her hazel eyes and caramel hair, and how she died. I didn't cry; if I want to be the badass that I am, that means no crying or showing weakness, but the moment Zack hugged me, I almost broke down.

We decided to go back at 2 a.m.We don't want Ricardo to chop our heads off. Today was one of the best days of my life. Spending time with Zack alone was amazing. I needed this; with all the drama going on and stuff, my head feels like it's going to explode, so it's good I went out on this date.

We luckily got home safe. Ricardo was mad but got over it. My brother left the same as Damion, leaving Zack, Ricardo, Zoey, and me. Zack was going to stay here for the night because it's too late for him to go. Ricardo also told me that tomorrow I was going to go to my dad's house after school, so that was good. I miss him, and I want to go. (A/N; I confuse the days, so tomorrow is Monday for her; she hasn't gone to school because of what happened, including the rest.) Me and Zack went to bed together and went to sleep.

Next day

I woke up alone in bed. I was disappointed not to have Zack with me, but he needed to go home and change for school. I got out of bed and went to brush my teeth and take a shower. I put on a black spaghetti-strap dress with my leather jacket and black ankle boots. I didn't do my makeup, knowing my face is good. I only put on mascara and lip gloss. Thank God I have a clean face. I let my hair down and took my phone and bag. I went downstairs and saw Ricardo sitting on the island stool, drinking coffee on his phone.

"Good morning," I said, getting a poptart from a cabinet.

"Morning, baby," he says, sending me a smile before looking back at his phone.

"Where's Zoey?" I said, "Putting the pop tart in the toaster.

"She left early, saying she needed to see someone."

"Who?"

"I don't know; she just left."

"Weird, anyway. Any updates on those mother fuckers?"

"The guy we got, he said that a gang was planning to eliminate us so they could get stronger. He also said there's someone on our gang that's taking information and passing it to them."

"So we have a traitor." "Did he say who it was?"

"No he didn't; we ended up killing him."

"Fuck, we have to warn the rest," I said, taking the poptarts out.

"I'm calling a meeting later."

"Call me so we can come."

"No need, you'll stay in school and warn Zack about it; I'll get the meeting going and tell them," he said, rubbing his temples.

"But Ricardo, I'm about to be the leader; I think I should be there."

"Alex, baby, what's said is said; you stay in school and I'll do the meeting; besides, you haven't been in school."

"Ok fine. I'll get going now," I said, kissing his temple.

"Have a good day,"

I went out to the garage and decided to go on my bike again—no reason, I just love this bike. I get on my helmet and zoom off to school.

When I get there, I see the student walking in and cars parking. I see the crew in Zack's car, and I drive in and park next to him. Like always, I'm getting stares. I get out and take my helmet off. Making sure my dress doesn't ride up, I tug it down and turn towards the group.

"Wassup guys,'' I look around and see Zoey nowhere.

"Where's Zoey?" I said while walking towards Zack. I immediately attacked his lips, kissing him sweetly and gently.

"Hey, baby," he said, breaking the kiss.

"Hey," I said, pecking his lips. I turned around, letting Zack hug me from behind.

"We don't know where she is," Bryan said, kissing me on the cheek along with the twins.

"That's weird; she's always here," Damion said.

"She probably went out with someone." Wade said, shrugging.

"Nah, she already has eyes on someone else," I said, eyeing Bryan.

"Anyway, at lunch time, I need to talk to all of you about our enemy; make sure to be there," I said, looking at Zack and Damion.

"We're not in it." Jack asked jokingly.

"Nope, I don't want my brothers to get killed," I said.

"Then it's the same for us. We don't want our sister to get killed, so you're out too," Bryan said.

"Oop, too late,"

"Oh, oh, today we're taking you to see dad; he's been asking about you the whole week." Wade said.

"Oh yes, I miss him. I need to see him. We're going when we get out of school."

"Good, because he really misses you," Jack said. The bell rang. We all gathered our stuff and went in. As we went in, I saw Zoey talking to Abigail.

"That's really us," Damion said, pointing towards them.

"Come one, let's go over there," we went up to them.

"Zoey?" They turn to us.

"What are you doing with her?" Bryan asked.

"Uh..she was talking shit about you, Alex, so I was putting her in her place," Zoey said, glaring at Abigail.

"Abigail, you really don't know when to give up, do you?" I asked.

"Ugh bitch, I can talk all I want; you stole my boyfriend; it's all your fucking fault. Why didn't you just die when you got shot?" she screamed. Zoey was about to jump on her, but I stopped her.

"Really, the school just started and you're creating drama; please take your fake ass out of my face and annoy someone else," I said, pushing her by her head. She screeched and stomped out to who knows where.

"That girl is the definition of annoying," Jack said, wrapping an arm around Damion.

"Ugh, I can't stand her," Zoey said, rolling her eyes and scoffing.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, stop talking about her, and let's get to class," I said.

We went our separate ways. Lunch time came, and I explained to them the situation. Zack requested interrogating everyone in my gang. I told him I would talk it out with Ricardo since I'm not the leader yet. Zoey was pretty quiet the whole time, which was not her at all. I need to talk to her in private.

School ended. Now we're making our way towards my dad's house. I'm honestly nervous. I haven't seen my dad for years, so I don't know how he's going to react. I remember the last time I saw him. I was getting ready for school, and he was running all around the place looking for his watch. He was excessively late for work, so he was in a rush. He left without even saying goodbye. Now that I think about it, it's sad that he never gave his kids attention because of work. He turned into a workaholic when his mother died. I know he was grieving, but he literally forgot about us. I didn't even notice we were parked in front of my old home. It still looked the same. I took a deep breath and got out of my motorcycle. The rest followed along. I knocked on the door and waited for him to open. I heard him yell before hearing footsteps getting closer. The door opened, and I saw him standing there. He froze when he saw me.

"Dad"

A/N: So we're shipping Ricardo and Alex now? oop-