Chapter 18 - Cuddle Buddies

POV: Toritsuka

"Are you doing anything this weekend?" Y/n asks me.

It was Friday and we were calling each other. Y/n had been out sick for a couple days so we haven't been glued to each other. She was too worried about me catching her cold.

"I mean staring at porno magazines could be put on hold if it really needs to be that way." I joke.

"You're so gross." She whines and coughs.

"Hey don't exert yourself. I won't make jokes." I say.

"I'm not a baby." She says.

"You act like one sometimes." I reply.

"What?" She questions.

"Nothing." I answer. 

"Can we have a sleepover at your house this weekend?" She asks in a tired voice.

"Tomorrow is the weekend so did you want to tonight or tomorrow night? You still sound kind of sick. Are you sure you'd be interested in coming over?" I ask wanting her to focus more on regaining her energy and being healthy enough to come back to school.

"Let's do tomorrow night." She replies.

"Are you sure?" I ask again.

"Yes I'm sure Reita." She says in an annoyed voice. "My mom's calling me down for dinner. I'll talk to you later okay?"

"Alright. Bye princess." I say.

"Bye Reita." She replies and the call ends.

I'm so glad she didn't want to hang out tonight. Not because I don't want to hang out with her but because I wanted to buy her a get well soon present. She hasn't let me visit her at all so tomorrow will finally be my chance to show off what a great boyfriend I am. 

I slide on my sandals and grab a coat. It's a bit chilly out but not enough for me to wear normal shoes. I check my pockets and my money is in the pocket I left it in. 

"Perfect." I whisper to myself. 

I head out the door and make my way into town. This is my first time in awhile going into town without y/n. It's weird not feeling her warm hand clasped into my own. 

I miss her.

"Wow you're actually thinking something kind of sweet." Saiki scares the hell out of me.

"Dude why don't you ever give any warning that you're going to appear? And why are you following me? I'm not even doing anything sketchy!" I squeal.

"So you admit the other times I was following you you planned to do something sketchy?" Saiki asks lifting his eyebrows.

"No.." I reply.

"Good grief." Saiki responds.

"So why are you following me then?" I ask again.

"I'm not following you. Unfortunately I just happen to be going to the same place as you." Saiki explains. 

"Two besties going to the same store." I exclaim and wrap my arm around Saiki's shoulders. "We never hang out. We should do this more often."

"We're not hanging out." Saiki scoffs. 

"One best friend minding his own business while the other best friend stalks him?" I try.

"I already said I was not stalking you." Saiki says annoyed. "I'm just going to the store to buy some coffee jelly."

"You're always eating coffee jelly. How do you eat sweets so often and maintain the same weight?" I ask perplexed.