Chapter 21

Hey everyone, sorry for the wait! Thank you everyone for your wonderful feedback, it helped a lot! Please don't hesitate to tell me if you want to see something specific or I've unknowingly forgotten something you want to finished! I love having feedback! Without further ado, please enjoy this extra long chapter, curtesy of the long wait!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Is it too late to change my mind?" Hayden whined as he was brought down to his father's study.

"Yes, I don't know why you're so against it" Tom commented, watching the two most interesting people in his life walk into his study.

"Aside from the fact Draco will be there, I look and feel awful" Hayden groaned in protest, collapsing on the warm couch situated by the ongoing fireplace.

"Why do you say that, you look beautiful" Severus told him as he sat next to Hayden and gently whipped the invisible tears from off his cheeks.

"Are you serious right now?" Hayden accused, his emotions starting to the better of him again and annoyance filled him.

"I'm as pale as a ghost and I can't go without shivering for more than a second! I'm cold and miserable, plus I've never been so thin in my life, even when I was living with those people! You can actually see my bones and can probably use my rib cage as an instrument!" Hayden let out, trying not to break down again as he did earlier.

"Hayden, you of all people should know, beauty comes from the inside not the outside" his mother responded as Tom came to gently sit on the other side of Hayden.

"It's not your body that makes you a beautiful person, it's your heart," Tom contributed, ruffling the boy's hair. "Every part of you is stunning. From your mind, to your heart, to your eyes and smile, even to the tips of your fingers and the bottom of your toes!"

"I love you two so much, thank you!" Hayden whispered as another bout of tears left his eyes. He hugged his parents as tightly as he could.

---

Hayden looked at himself in the mirror, straightening himself back out and making sure that everything was perfect.

He rather liked his outfit, it wasn't everyday he wanted to wear a suit, but he thought a change might be nice, and he loved the gold design that covered the deep red fabric.

"Hayden finish up, we don't want to be too late to the Malfoys" the boy heard his mother call out

Without further delay, Hayden quickly pulled his mask over his face before joining his parents and apparating to the Malfoy residence.

The event went pretty much how Hayden expected it to be, a nice chance to socialize, but incredibly dull.

Even with the boy's admission that he would try to talk to Draco, he actively avoided the taller boy.