Chapter 9

The next few weeks passed without any incident worthy of noting.
"Talula, we're gonna go play baseball! Wanna come?" Emmett shouted
"Sure!" I yelled back, "Give me a minute to change into proper clothes, though!"
"Okay!"
I then quickly changed into my baseball outfit and ran downstairs.

"Talula, we're gonna go play baseball! Wanna come?" Emmett shouted"Sure!" I yelled back, "Give me a minute to change into proper clothes, though!""Okay!"I then quickly changed into my baseball outfit and ran downstairs

(Outfit+hair

(Outfit+hair... ignore the accessories and other things besides the actual clothes in the first pic)

"Ready to go, big man?" I teased
"After you shortstop."
"Rude. Wanna race there?"
"Why do you ask? You know he's going to say yes." Rose piped up
"It is polite to ask even if you already know the answer," I said
"Whatever. Get into position, you two." She sighed, "Ready... Set... Go!"
We took off, me changing forms mid-stride to give me a little extra boost. After a minute, I changed back and brought my wings out and took to the sky. I landed in the middle of the field right as Emmett got to the edge of the clearing.
"You cheated! You used your powers!" He whined
"Hey, you never said that they were off-limits on the race. So unless you specifically say that imma use what I got to help me kick your ass." I retort
"Whatever."
We started roughhousing when I saw Emmett's jeep pull up.
"Who drove your Jeep here?" I questioned
"Edward because he brought Isabella." Rose spat
"Why the fuck did he bring her to a family game?!" I hissed
"Bella is part of this family now, girls, so we allowed him to bring her." Carlisle calmly stated
"How in the world do y'all not see she is using him! She doesn't want to age, and she knows that there is a way for her not to age, so she is clinging to that, playing with him! His true mate is out there right now, and here he is with that thing!" I seethed, "I'm sorry, but if she is going to be here, then I can't be here. I'm going to go for a run. See you later."
"What's her issue?" I heard Isabella ask as I walked away
"You," Rose replied angrily before coming over to me.
"I know you don't want to be around her, but please stay for me." She pleaded
"Why. If I am around her for longer than a few minutes, she might just end up with a bullet in her."
"Then don't be near her while waiting for your chance to bat." She reasoned
"Fine. But you better be near me to keep me from attacking."
"Deal." She responds before giving me a right hug.
We both walked back over to the rest of the family.
"Thank you, Rosalie, for getting her to stay. It is always entertaining with her with us." Esme states
"Glad I can amuse you guys. Who's outfield today?" I grumble
"The fast and the strong," Jasper answered.
"You know I can't be outfield by myself. Who's going to be out there with me?" I joked
"I meant tweedle dee and tweedle dum," Jasper replied
"That makes much more sense now, thanks, Jas." I said, "we'll get out there, you two. We ain't got all day for you slowpokes."
They all laughed as we got into position; Rose at bat first, Esme as the catcher, Alice pitching, and the brown-haired vamps at outfield, the rest of us off to the side. Jasper was doing tricks with the bat, Carlisle stood there cheering everyone on, I did some stretches before making some dance moves.
I got up to bat, waiting for the ball. When it was finally pitched, I struck it extremely hard, making it fly above the trees into the woods; Ed went after it as I raced around the bases. He still hadn't come back after a couple of minutes.
"Damn Tal, think that's a new record. How hard did you hit the ball?!" Jasper exclaimed
"Half strength." I shrugged
"Think someone should go after him to see if something happened?" Bella asked.
"Nah, he's fine. He'll be back within the next minute." I stated.
30 seconds later, he came out of the forest.
"Finally got 30 miles out." Edward said, "that's a new record. How much strength did she use?"
"Half." We chorused
"Only half!" He exclaimed
"Yup." I shrugged again, "back to the game, mister. Unless you are too exhausted to continue."
"I don't get tired."
"You say that now. Wait till you spar with me. I might bleed, but I sure as hell don't get tired fighting."
"Oh yeah, what the longest you've lasted in a fight?"
"Against the robots that can keep up, that would be at least a week. Against other living beings, that would be as long as they last before they're dead." I stated deadly calm
"Would you two stop ya bickering? We got a game to play." Jasper cut in, picking up on my deadly emotions
"You are correct on that dear brother of mine," I said, emotions doing a complete 180.
We got back to the game, having fun. It lasted a few minutes before the three nomads came, causing us to form a barrier between them and the human. Carlisle talked to them a little bit before playing with the added members and Bella leaving with Edward. The wind shifted, which caused Bella's scent to drift towards the blond nomad.
"You brought a snack." He said
We surged forward, blocking him from getting to her.  All of them hunched down in protective stances while I was standing normally with two long daggers drawn and pointed at the nomads.
"The girl is with us. It would be best if you leave now." Carlisle said, trying to defuse the situation
"I can see the game is over now. We will go now." Laurent said before walking away with Victoria, "James."
Once they left, Carlisle told Edward to get Bella out of the clearing. Once those two left, we all raced home to find the one with dreads by the back door.
"I'm here to warn you about the other two." He stated as we walked up to him, "James is a tracker and always loves a good game, which with the way your boy acted has enticed him to hunt the human. Victoria is his mate and obviously will do anything for him, and she also can get out of any situation."
"Why the fuck should we listen to you. You threatened my family." I growled
"Talula, stand down." Carlisle warned, "Now, why have you told us this?"
"I have grown tired of their ways. I would also like to try this diet of yours."
"We have friends up North in Alaska that will help you make the change."