~30~

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

Steve and I got the apartment, and quickly moved in all of our things.

"Hey angel?" I heard Steve call from the kitchen, and I walked in to find him holding two champagne glasses, filled with the sweet liquid.

"I know we can't get drunk off this, but it felt fitting to me." He smiled, handing me a glass and clinking them together.

"You're too sweet, my love." I giggled, taking a sip of the sweet drink, placing the glass on the counter and taking Steve's hands, moving him to he living room.

"What are we doing?" He asked, and I placed his hands on my waist, putting mine on his shoulders.

"Dancing."

"Sounds like fun." Steve smiled, and we swayed to the soft music in the background.

We danced in silence for a while, until I heard his breathing pick up, and I looked up at him.

"Are you okay?" I asked, and Steve nodded, smiling.

"I'm just so lucky." He whispered, moving us gracefully around the room as he kissed my forehead, and I gently kissed him on the lips.

"I'm the lucky one." I responded, making my boyfriend chuckle.

"Do you ever think it's strange?" He asked, and I licked my lips, looking up at Steve.

"Do I think what's strange?" I asked, and Steve chuckled.

"We've been together for years, but we've never really spent that much time together." He pointed out, and I nodded in agreement.

"And the time we have spent together, it's mainly on missions." I added, making Steve smile softly.

"Yeah, but here we are, living together." He finished, and I giggled.

"I don't think it's all that strange." I responded, taking his hand in mine as he spun me, resting his hand back on my hip.

"It might seem a little fast, but the reality is, we have been together for a long time, and all the time we spent apart, I spent aching to come home to you." I explained, making Steve's eyes sparkle as he looked down at me.

"Through everything, all I wanted was you." He said, and I smiled as he kissed my nose, dipping me down.

"Could I say something that might seen sudden?" Steve asked, pulling me back up as we stopped dancing.

"Of course, what is it?" I questioned him, grabbing our glasses off the counter and handing Steve's to him.

"I think I'm in love with you." He said, taking my hand in his and gently kissing the back of it.