27 ☆ secret smiles, hidden kisses

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

SECRET SMILES, HIDDEN KISSES

"the idea of a hidden romantic tryst is scandalous and exciting, sure, but eunbyeol doesn't think she wants scandalous and exciting

"the idea of a hidden romantic tryst is scandalous and exciting, sure, but eunbyeol doesn't think she wants scandalous and exciting."

☆☆☆

Draco's happy. Like, really happy.

It's gross.

Pansy watches her housemate from across the common room, her delicate features scrunched into an expression that falls somewhere between revulsion and nausea. He's laughing at something Goyle is saying and he's practically glowing with warmt. She doesn't know what to make of it, really. All she knows is that it's unsettling and mildly disgusting. "Merlin," she mutters to the Greengrass sisters, "What the fuck has gotten into Malfoy?"

Daphne looks up from filing her nails and raises a slim blonde brow. "Maybe he had sex. Like, really good sex. Look at his cheeks, Pansy. That's totally post coital glow."

Astoria wrinkles her nose. "That's gross, Daph."

"You're thirteen, Tori, of course you think sex is gross," Pansy snorts. Astoria opens her mouth to retort that Pansy is only a year and a half older than her, but is cut off. "So who do you think Draco's been shagging?"

"Dunno," Daphne snorts. "Don't care. Moon, maybe? Malfoy's been tripping over his feet around her for ages."

Pansy lets out a loud squawk of laughter before quieting down when Blaise looks in her direction. "Eunbyeol Moon? That bint's frigid as a stick, Daph. She's sixteen and she's never had a boyfriend. She has to be the only girl in our year who hasn't dated anyone. Merlin's beard," Pansy scoffs. "Even Granger's gotten some action before her. Someone will find a cure to lycanthropy before Eunbyeol Moon starts sneaking around in broom closets."

The ever-present expression of boredom washes off Daphne's face, a smirk taking its place. "That was quite the tirade. You sound almost jealous, Pansy, dear."

Pansy scowls. "Fuck off, Daph." She scowls because she isn't jealous. Really. She finds Eunbyeol rather obnoxious, honestly. She kind of hates the girl, actually. She's still sore from the Bat Boogey Hex she was hit with when Umbridge ambushed Harry Potter's (Dumbledore's? Who knows at this point) glorified study group. Besides the hex, though, Eunbyeol is just so polite and straight laced and proper. She has to be hiding something. Pin straight hair, pristine uniform, perfect posture, embarrassingly docile, manners that would put a house elf to shame—it's impossible for a human to be that boring. What does Draco even see in her? Pansy heard Blaise liken Eunbyeol to a fawn once, and the comparison was rather fitting to her. She's a leggy, wide-eyed thing with all the naïvety of an infant. Jealous of Eunbyeol Moon! As if. She voices her thoughts to Daphne and Astoria. The older Greengrass rolls her eyes and lets out a rather unladylike snort.