The start of something new

JJ grabbed my wrist and sat me back on the bed. Before I could do anything he pulled me into a kiss. I never imagined this would happen!

Who would have thought me and JJ?

I felt safe in his embrace, i didnt want this to stop. Kissing him felt so right, like it was meant to be, like we are meant to be.

I do really feel bad about Pope, why am I moving onto JJ so fast? I know i should stop, but something was keeping my lips on his.

General POV

Butterflies exoploded in each of their stomachs again, neither of them could hide the passion they both had for each other.

The kiss continued.

Kiara POV

After a hot minute, JJ was the first to pull away, surprisingly. His smile alone brightens up my world, its like a huge ray of sunshine.

"That was hot.." JJ trails off smiling broadly.

He enjoyed it! I try to hide my face as i uncontrolably blushed.

"Awe, your so cute when you blush" He said as he nudged me.

I shook my head and turned my glance to the floor as a smile came to my face.

Fuck no Pogue on Pogue macking, this boy is the whole package.

JJ ran his fingers through his hair as he looked straight ahead of him.

Every action he made was so attractive. JJ glanced over at me and met my gaze. "You alright there Kie?" He chuckled. I realized i was staring. I quickly looked away. "Sorry.." I felt so embarrassed. "Dont be, i'd stare too." He winked.

We called it a night, and fell asleep in the same bed.

---

I woke up the next morning by JJ, still sleeping. I admired how beautiful his features are. I replayed yesterdays events over and over again in my head. My mind was racing, what would my parents do? what would Pope do? I tried to block out all these negtive thoughts. I like him, and i think he likes me, i mean obviously he does.. right?

I let a long sigh out.

I looked over to see JJ's eyes fluttering open.

A smile overtook my face. "Good morning, sleepy" I greeted him.

He smiled as he rested his hand on mine. "Morning." He replied back warmly.

The boy sat up and turned his head to me. "A nickel for your thoughts?" He offered.

I chuckled. "It's penny"

JJ shrugged. 'Tomato tomato." He phrased them both differently.

I giggled before shurgging.

"Just thinking about yesterday" I said

"Mm.. what part?" JJ asked.

"The good part." I smiled as I looked down.

I couldn't see his face, but I could tell he was smiling.

After a few moments passed, JJ spoke up.

"So yesterday was good then?" He raised an eyebrow.

"You mean the part with you and I?" I questioned, looking at him with the corner of my eye.

JJ noddded.

"I enjoyed that." I said turning my eyes fully back to him.

"Good, because i did too" he smiled.

I bit my lip as i blushed.

Does this mean that we are more then friends? I know these feelings have always been there deep down, I just never listened to them. But after last night, I don't think I can hold it in any longer.

My phone starting ringing. I grab it and discover 13 missed calls from my mom and dad, mostly my mother of course.

Shit, this won't be good

I let out a sigh.

"Everything alright?" JJ asked

"Yeah, it's fine. I have to go home." I mumbled.

"Okay, I can walk you home?"

That actually sounded really nice, but my parents would know I spent the night with him..alone. it would make things a whole lot worse.

"No, it's okay" I reassuringly squeezed his hand

He nodded.

---

I arrived home. I stood on the sidewalk staring at the house for a brief moment.

I had to brace myself for what was about to come. I took a deep breath and let out a long exhale.

As I neared the door, I could hear my mother's voice shouting. It was very loud. It seems like my parents endlessly argue. I don't think there has ever been a week where there isn't at least a small fight between them.

As a child, growing up with it was horrible. Hearing the horrible things they spat at each other was almost torture. I always wondered how the neighbors, hell, all of outer banks were clueless to what was going on in this house. I never spoke much about this to anyone, besides Sarah, and even then I didn't like talking much about it.

Well it's time to face them.

I walked up the sidewalk and into the house.

I shut the door behind me and stood in the walkway.

Instead of 'Kiara! We've been so worried, are you ok?' or something caring along the lines of that, my parents immediately turn their eyes to me. My mother gives me a death stare.

"Where the hell have you been Kiara Carrera?" My mother says sternly.

"I spent the night at a friend's" I reply carelessly.

"Which friend?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Does it matter?" I knew she would freak if she knew I spent the night alone with JJ.

"Yes Kiara, it does! Why you ask? Because you didn't even bother to call or text neither your dad nor I. We didn't know where you were, if you were even okay" She said even angrier.

"Like you care." I mumbled under my breath.

"You could have let us know! You snuck out of your bedroom and WE DIDN'T KNOW UNTIL WE DIDN'T SEE YOU IN YOUR BED THIS MORNING" She spoke loudly.

"I'm sorry OKAY? My friend NEEDED me more than ever last night."

"Okay, well Kiara you could of let us know you were okay at least." My dad spoke more calmly.

My mother rolled her eyes. "WHICH FRIEND?"

I gulped. I didn't know if I should tell the truth or lie. I knew if I lied it would later come back to me, it always does. I couldn't deal with it right now. Who would I say though if not JJ? Rafe? Just the thought of his name made me quiver.

  "I was with Pope." I lied. My parents don't like him either, but more than the outer banks troublemaker.

"That's better then who we thought." My dad said sighing. "But you're still grounded for sneaking out and not calling."

My dad was always more calm with me. Not that he always was, just more than my mom. I think he would be a amazing father if he wasn't with my mother. I know that's bad, but my mom treats him like shit.

"You still shouldn't even hang out with that scumbag Pogue" She scoffed.

I ignored my mothers statement and looked at my dad. I nodded my head. I'm so tired of fighting back. I retired to my room for the rest of the night.

A/N What is everyone thinking about Kiara's parents? Are they a little too b!tchy? 😂 Lmk, I'd like some feedback ✌️