chapter 7. ryloth.

"First trick will be getting our troops on the ground," Obi-Wan informs Master Windu as we board our transport.

"If you take the city of Nabat first, we'll have our landing zone," Master Windu replies.

"Well, it's time to meet the natives," Obi-Wan states as the door to the transport closes, leaving Master Windu behind. I grab the bar above my head to keep me steady as Obi-Wan turns to the clones. "We need to remember why we're here. We came to aid the Twi'leks, not destroy their home. Cody?"

"That means we'll be taking it back the hard way," Cody chimes in. "Minimal destruction with blasters and droid poppers only. No rockets or detonators. Check your aim. Keep an eye out for the locals. Am I understood?"

"Sir, yes, sir!" the troopers say in unison. Blasts fire at our cruisers as a hologram of Master Windu appears.

"We can't risk landing the larger transports until you take out those guns," Master Windu tells our squad.

"Pull back. We'll take care of it," Obi-Wan says. The hologram disappears. "Who's up for a challenge? We're not getting any reinforcements until those guns are out of commission."

"Here we go again," I hear Waxer mutter to Boil. I laugh softly at his comment.

The transport nears the ground as we hop out and run through the forests. Battle droids begin to shoot at us as we near the edge of the woods. Obi-Wan and I continue to charge, igniting our lightsabers and deflecting their shots back at them.

"That bunker's gonna be a problem, General," Cody states.

"Leave the bunker to me. Bring in your troopers on my signal." Obi-Wan turns to Waxer and Boil. "You two wanted action. Follow me. You too, Arlo."

"You heard him, Waxer," Boil says as the two of them follow us. We take cover a few ways away from the wall with droids firing at us.

"Let's take them out. Now!" Obi-Wan commands.

"We've gotta get closer to the wall!" Waxer tells us as his popper falls just short of the wall.

"Try again. I'll give you some help," I offer as he throws the droid popper, and I use the Force to push it over the wall.

"Good thinking, Arlo," Obi-Wan compliments as the popper falls and explodes, disabling the droids. Me, Obi-Wan, and the rest of the clones then come upon an abandoned settlement.

"The wall is secure, sir. Are we moving on to the guns?" Cody asks.

"We need to know what the droids have in store for us. Send your best men to scout ahead. Arlo will go with them."

"Will do, sir. Boil, Waxer, come with me and Commander Just."

"I guess we're the best," Boil says to Waxer as we continue ahead.

We enter into an abandoned village. The silence is deafening, and I feel myself involuntarily shiver.

"This is giving me the creeps," I murmur, igniting my lightsaber and keeping it on guard as the others creep forward with their blasters ready.

"Buildings are just buildings," Cody tells us as we continue through the city. "What really makes a city are the inhabitants that live in it."

"Wow, Cody. You just got all deep on us," I joke in an attempt to lighten the grim mood.

"So where are they?" Boil questions.

Cody stops us, venturing to him and Wooley, who stands beside him. "We'll check out the courtyard. You three take the south sector. Be back at command by 0620."