Blood Sharing

When Reid woke, she knew exactly what she would face. She knew what would be waiting for her and didn't particularly want to see it lying beside her - eyes vacant, body unmoving. The last person she seduced died, and the one before that died as well. They all do. It was a 0% survival rate. If the monster didn't kill you, the curse that swept in after did. Whether Reid wanted them to or not. Usually, she didn't care if they died. They were small pieces of selfishness that her adolescent body had craved. But she wasn't an adolescent anymore. There was no excuse for her actions last night beside her own selfish recklessness.

A small cowardice part of her knew that she had just ruined a family. Daniel and Rebekah would hate her. Maybe even kill her for this. They could try.

She would welcome it.

When she finally opened her eyes, Xavier's body was nowhere to be seen. He wasn't lying beside her where he had supposedly fallen asleep, and he wasn't over by the piano - slumped over the keys. Reid's heart beat rapidly in her chest. He probably got up last night and died out in the living room or something. She should clean up the mess and get out of here.

She crossed the room to leave and froze.

Behind the door, she could hear yelling. She heard Rebekah and Daniel screaming. And then she heard another voice... Was she still high on his blood?

It sounded like Xavier.

No.

But it was Xavier. 

She knew it, could feel it. 

He was angry. 

Would he still be angry if he knew that he nearly lost his life last night because he bedded a monster?

"I can't believe you." It was Daniel now. His voice was all quiet menace. The tone was unheard from him, Daniel and his musical light voice. 

Reid had never heard him sound like that, low and sharp. 

"What's the big deal?" Xavier snapped back at him, elongated fangs gnashing against one another. She could feel the snarl he let out from here. 

"Xavier, you know very well what the big deal is," Rebekah snapped back sounding almost mature? All joy and cheer, from her voice. Something was seriously wrong.

As in there was officially a walking corpse in this house. A corpse who should already be long dead.

Reid moved slowly, taking the sheet with her. She drowned out the yelling just so she could concentrate for a moment. The yelling was only getting worse, and in the rush, she only found one of Xavier's t-shirts lying around on the floor. It barely covered her.

The scent of him was all over it.

She turned the doorknob trying to sneak out of the room, which she successfully did. She moved as quietly as she could to the end of the hall to peer around the corner at the silent chaos in the living room.

Rebekah was sitting in the single seat sofa, legs tucked up under her. The bags were set beside the chair meaning Rebekah and Daniel had just gotten back. Daniel, on the other hand, was standing with his back to Reid and his fists clenched at his sides. His shoulders were bunched up like an angry house cat.

Xavier was shirtless standing on the opposite end of the room. The dark wash jeans he wore had the button undone. He had put them on in a rush. His black hair was wild about his head like she had just run her fingers through it. Blood was dried on his torso but his neck was mostly healed. A huge, animalistic raised scar was left behind.

His hands were then stuffed in his pockets as he looked at the floor. His jeans were so low on his waist she was worried they would fall right off on his lean hipbones. He looked angry but not guilty. She knew he didn't regret what happened, he just regretted getting caught.