Epilogue 1

You're nervous. Actually, scratch that, you're not nervous, you're terrified. And also nervous. You can't make up your mind about how you feel because you're pretty sure words haven't been invented yet to describe this particular emotion. Have other people felt like this? You're sure they must have. You're not the first person to think about doing this. Someone has to have felt this way before you, and if so you want to know why the sick fucks didn't make like a handy guide or something. You could really use some help right now.

Ok, you can get past this; you just need to pull yourself together. This is nothing. You've fallen off of a roof taking down Christmas lights in February. You got your masters in Philosophy. You're Jennie fucking Kim and this is nothing!

Holy shit you're gonna barf.

You've been sitting in this diner for over half an hour waiting for Jisoo's dad. He's not running late, you just knew you would need the extra time to pull yourself together. So far it seems you underestimated how much time you would actually need. It's not that you're not sure about what you're doing. Hell, you've known for a while now that you wanted this. You had everything all planned out in your head and you've been making all the preparations with Jaebeom's help.

Now that you're here though, the terrifying nervousness won't subside, especially not when you see Jisoo's dad enter the dinner and start making his way over to you with a friendly smile. You stand up to greet him because you know he's going to go for a hug and you try not to touch the back of his shirt because your palms are suddenly drenched.

"How are you doing kid? It's good to see you again!"

He claps a hand on your back as you sit back down.

"Hi Mr. Kim. I'm good, great, never better."

Jesus Christ, who are you right now?

"Are you sure you're ok? I was kind of surprised when you called and invited me out to lunch, just the two of us. Not that it wasn't a pleasant surprise, but you're turning green kid."

"Yea, yes. I'm just nervous, sorry."

"What do you have to be nervous about? Is everything alright with Jisoo? You two aren't having troubles are you? Because, I gotta be honest with you kid, I like you but I'll have to take her side, whatever it is."

"No, no troubles. Everything with Jisoo is good. Great even. We're really happy."

Now or never Kim.

"Actually that's what I wanted to talk to you about. I love Jisoo, and I know she loves me, and we've been together for a while now, and I've been wanting to do this for a really long time, so I just want to let you know that I plan to marry your daughter. If that's alright with you. Sir."

You're definitely spending too much time around Jisoo because that was one long run on sentence. You smile to yourself because you definitely plan on spending even more time with Jisoo. Forever actually. If Jisoo's dad doesn't kill you first.

You're not sure what to make of his expression because he does not look pleased, but he's not reaching for any sharp utensils. His eyes are stony and his jaw is set and he's just staring at you and not saying anything. You feel the nausea skyrocket and just before you think you're going to spew your breakfast everywhere, he starts to laugh. Loudly. With tears.

You're not sure if he's laughing at what a ridiculous notion you are marrying his daughter is or if the terrified look on your face is just that comical but eventually he starts to settle down and wipe his eyes.

"You had me worried for a second there kid. I really thought there was something wrong. Listen Jennie, I appreciate the sentiment, given that in this day and age I never thought one of Jisoo's suitors would ever take the time to ask her old man for permission to marry his daughter, but I gotta tell you, if Jisoo ever finds out you asked me for permission to marry her, she'll kick your butt. Jisoo doesn't need to be given away or anything, have you met her, that girl is the most independent little spitfire I've ever seen. But I love you like a second daughter, and while you don't need my permission, you sure do have my blessing kid. And if you ever hurt her, I'm sure Jisoo will put those Krav Maga classes to good use."