🌹Chapter 23🌹

Kayla's POV
I sprinted out of there like my life depended on it, turning in directions I wasn't even sure was the right way and once I heard Kyle's voice pleading with me to come back I ran even harder, if that was possible and I was immensely glad once I saw the same door through which I walked into this terrifyingng nightmare.

Not wasting any time, I opened the door and left still running while getting funny looks from some bystanders but at this point I could care less. I was about to turn towards the direction of my house until my brain clicked and I turned the other way.

I did not know if I was still being followed by Kyle and if I was I know the first place he'd check would be my house and I couldn't risk him finding me so once I saw a cafe nearby I entered and sat down.

Once I was seated a waitress came to me asking what I wanted, but I was not with my purse so I could not order anything, so I told her that I didnt want anything and was just waiting for a friend to come pick me up and I think she bought it because she turned to leave but not without giving me a suspicious look.

I waited there for what felt like hours and I was highly fed up with the stink eye I was getting from that particular waitress so I took out my phone and called Noah for him to please come pick me up.

It was not up to thirty minutes and Noah was already barging into the cafe, looking around worriedly for me. I waved my hand trying to get his attention and I succeeded because immediately his eyes fell on me he rushed towards me hugging the hell out of me.

I smiled at his act, shaking my head and pulling out. Noah tends to act like a child most of the time which I'm sure you already know. I smile at him and he frowns at me.

"Where have you been Kayla? Do you know what I felt when I saw you were not at home and you also forgot to lock the doors." he said and I frowned.

I understood his worry but I knew I locked the doors because I had the keys with me and I show this to him and he frowns more making me realize that I probably look the keys and did not lock the doors at all.

I grin at my stupid act and I link my hands with Noah's pulling him out of the cafe as we headed home hand together, this morning's escapade at the back of my mind.

Once we got home I tidied up the house and set to make lunch for both me and Noah and also for Evan and Lilly. As soon as I was done with making lunch I heard the doorbell and I went to check who it was and on opening it I saw Evan's happy face and Lilly's stressed one's

Ushering them in I head back to the kitchen and finished up the food and I served it before calling out Noah to come help me take the dishes to the dining. Once we were done I called Evan and Lilly to the table seeing Evan already changed and Lilly looked like she had already had a bath and was wearing a different set of clothes.

Seating down we bless the food and begin eating with Evan's voice filling the air. He was talking about heat he did today and I smiled as he gesticulated enthusiastically.

When we were done we went to the living room and inserted a cartoon and as we watched I couldn't help but be glad that I was in the midst of these people whom I loved and who loved me. Soon I saw Evan already dozens off so I carried him upstairs to his room and laid him on the bed kissing his good night.

When I got downstairs I saw that they already changed the movie so I snuggled back in the couch and we watched movies for hours until all I could hear was Noah's snores. I put off the T.V slightly shaking him before telling him to go and sleep.

I bade Lilly good night and as she headed upstairs I went to the kitchen to get some water before I slept and before I could finish what I was doing  I heard the doorbell ring.

Frowning thinking of who it might be at the door by this time. Opening the door the face I saw was one I was dreading ever seeing and I did not hesitate to close the door in his face. Thanking God that Noah and Lilly had gone to bed but on my way upstairs I see Lilly and the look she sported told me that she saw all that just transpired...

A/N
So another chapter.
Yay or nay? How was it and do you think what Kayla did was right?
How would you have handled it if you were in her shoes?
So Lilly saw?
Please vote and comment as this would make me very happy.
Thanks in advance.
Ciao.Peckie :-)