𝐋𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐈𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐓𝐞𝐚

Pairings: Dream x British!Reader
Warnings: None
Pronouns: She/her

——————————

Clay casually pushed back his scruffy, blonde hair that had fallen into wavy locks. His emerald green eyes squinted through the foggy glass that stood in his way in front of him as the material cleared in front of him. His hand pressed directly onto the handle of the door and his fingers wrapped around it to grip it before gently pushing it open.

The moment has passed by so quickly. It was all done whilst he had been staring down at his phone, shooting text messages back and forth from his friends. The bell that tingled above his head as he entered the cafe seemed to slip his mind as his eyes were glued onto the screen he had been holding in his hand.

The smell of coffee and freshly baked muffins and cakes filled his nostrils and gave off a really welcoming vibe. The lamps around him emitted a warm, yellowish tone that heavily complimented the dark wooden floors and the eggshell walls. Plants were hung from little pots that were attached to the pillars and ceilings around him; simplistic paintings were seen to be plastered across the area too. The daytime seemed to be so much more safe inside the coffee shop. The whole area was so beautiful, and he wasn't seeming to catch any of it.

Clay had never found himself inside this cafe before. After he finished editing his newest video or streaming on Twitch, he'd normally go out and buy some lunch for him to eat or just cook something up in his apartment. But when he left and walked down the pavement, through the town, a particular cafe caught his eye. He thought to himself: he had never been there before. Why not try it out? And so he did just that. He casually strode into the little shop with one hand holding his phone and the other buried deep into the pockets of his dull green hoodie.

Clay casually swayed around the tables and chairs that were strewn across the room, using his peripheral vision to make sure that he hadn't hit anybody on his way over to the counter to wait in the short line of people that had formed.

When he stopped in his place to patiently wait for his turn to talk to the barista, he had been texting his good friend, Nick. His thumbs lightly tapped against the silver screen, his fingers dabbing the keyboard on the end of his phone.

'I'm stopping by a place to get a drink. I'll meet you in a bit'. The green text bubble said as it rose up in the chat. Clay saw the white speech bubble pop up, the three dots it held bobbing up and down to indicate that Nick was typing.

'Sounds good'. His friend responded coolly.

A few second after Clay's eyes dragged across the screen at that text message, the person in front of him strolled forward to the other end of the line and the barista tending to all of the customers leaned over the desk to peek at who else was waiting to take their order.

"Next!" She called out to him, signalling from him to walk forward to the cash register.

When he had been given that order, he quickly fumbled to shut his mobile phone off and to stuff it into the pocket of his hoodie before making his way towards the front counter to meet the barista. His feet felt like they were dragging across the wood and his head was turned down to face the floor. After Clay had reached his spot, he lifted his head up. But, to his surprise, he felt himself to be at a loss for words.

The barista, a cute girl who had her hair tied back to tuck behind her ears so that she could fit her headband on, which had the cafe's logo plastered onto it. She wore a tattered apron that had coffee stains and crumbs on it from tending to all of the orders that the customers had made. She was frantically walking around each of the counters to clear the workspace and to help the other workers with their own tasks, like putting new dishes into the sink and stacking the plates for the next order.