° SEVENTEEN °

Bimbo flipped through her textbook as Tunmise walked into the dormitory and sat down on her bed.

"What's up?" Tunmise asked as Bimbo gave her a small smile.

"I'm fine. What about you?" Bimbo asked as Tunmise dug into her school bag and produced a paper and passed it to Bimbo.

"Bimpe collected your script from John. She gave me on the way. Girl you cleared it" Tunmise said as Bimbo collected the test script and opened it.

She didn't miss one. She got everything 15 over 15. Bimbo chuckled as she checked through the test script. She was brilliant but Bimbo didn't remember ever getting more a 10 in all her Physics test and now she got a fifteen.

"You and Tomisin were the only ones who got fifteen though" Tunmise added as Bimbo turned to her and gave her a smile.

As much as Bimbo wanted to abstain from relationships; it was impossible with Bimpe and Tunmise. They were so nice to her and made her laugh from time to time. Bimbo didn't think she could repay their kindness with coldness. They were her only friends.

Bimbo folded her script and placed it on her locker as she turned to Tunmise.

"What did Bimpe score?" Bimbo asked as Tunmise stretched on her bed.

"I think thirteen or something. She was saying something about taking you as her role model or something" Tunmise said as Bimbo laughed.

"She's not serious" Bimbo said as Tunmise turned to her.

"I ran out drinking water, do you still have?" Tunmise asked as Bimbo nodded and pointed to her locker as Tunmise opened her locker and brought out her keg of water.

"Are your parents coming tomorrow?" Tunmise asked as Bimbo shook her head.

"They both went on a trip. The driver will come and drop my things in the morning" Bimbo replied as Tunmise nodded as she returned back Bimbo's keg into the locker.

"Do you want to come with me to see my parents?" Tunmise asked and Bimbo looked at Tunmise in surprise.

"No thank you. I'm fine. Besides I plan on finishing this topic tomorrow" Bimbo replied as Tunmise pouted.

"Jeez... There are times when I think on your list of important things, your books first and human beings come next" Tunmise said and Bimbo chuckled as she closed her books and placed them underneath her pillow.

"You are getting it all wrong. I just pay more attention to my books than I pay to people. That's all" Bimbo said as she wore her slippers.

"Where are you going?" Tunmise asked as Bimbo picked her wristwatch and wore it.

"I need to pick something from the class. Might take me a while" Bimbo replied as Tunmise nodded and plopped on Bimbo's bed.

"Your bed is so comfortable" Tunmise said and Bimbo chuckled as she picked her keys and walked out of the dormitory.

It was already evening and the roads and walkways of BIC were all deserted. Most of the student  remained in their hostels.

Bimbo enjoyed the peace and serenity the evening breeze brought. She chuckled knowing how rowdy and full the roads were going to become once night fell.

Bimbo was both grateful of the fact that her parents weren't coming the next day which was visiting day. She didn't know how to explain to them that she and Dorathy weren't friends any longer.

She didn't know the kind of lie she could cook up for them. She couldn't tell her parents that she snatched her crush of five years could she? She chuckled as she walked towards her class.

She wasn't surprised to find only Tomisin in the class. He had his head buried in his books as Bimbo entered.

There were several reasons why Tomisin was the brilliant student in their class and on the block. He was number four right after Jemimah. He was very brilliant and intelligent.

Tomisin was handsome and cool, sometimes could be blunt and very annoying. He played football and was one of the best players BIC could boast of.

He was a total package.

Bimbo didn't remember ever having a proper conversation with him before. He raised his head as soon as Bimbo walked into the class and waved at her as greeting.

Bimbo gave him a small smile as greeting in return as she sat down and opened her locker. Bringing out her note and a jotter; she got to work scribbling away.

The class remained silent without any sound except from flipping of pages and when Bimbo changed her seating position.

Very soon night fell and Bimbo glanced at her wristwatch to see about three hours had passed. She quickly packed her books back into her locker and turned to see that Tomisin was making zero moves to leave yet.

She looked around the classes and noticed most of them were dark to say that there was no students there.

"The block is empty. Shouldn't you get going now?" Bimbo asked as Tomisin turned to her.

"I need to finish this question. I'll be done in a bit" Tomisin replied as he turned back to his books.

"Goodnight" Bimbo said as she walked out of the class. She swung her keys around her fingers as she walked back to the hostel.

Like Bimbo had thought, the roads were full of students. Maybe because the next day was also visiting day; there were more students outside than usual.

From the road between the gates of the boys and girls hostel; a lot of students were cramped together and Bimbo walked past them taking few glances.

Bimbo narrowed her eyes as soon as she sighted two figures afar off. They were holding hands and the guy said something while the girl laughed. Bimbo didn't need to take another glance to know the girl was Tunmise.

Her eyes widened in mild surprise as she wondered who the guy was. They walked past a street light and the boy's face came into view and Bimbo's eyes widened.

Snr Abel?

She froze for a minute and all of a sudden she burst into laughter attracting the attention of a few students. Noticing what she had done, Bimbo quickly stopped laughing as she continued with her journey while smiling.

Snr Abel and Tunmise were a thing?

It had to be the irony of the century. A lot of students had claimed that Snr Abel could never have a girlfriend because of his bad temper.

But who could have imagined that he just didn't get a girlfriend and even got one of the hottest girls on SSS2 block.

Bimbo laughed again as she ran her hands through her hair. She wondered how Tunmise coped with Abel's temper and character.

Abel was one of the least friendly prefects. Infact he wasn't friendly at all. He stayed away from people and only had few friends even among his peers.

And such a person had a girlfriend? And the girlfriend was not just one of the hottest girls on block. She was this very cool and friendly girl who had a lot of friends.

They were polar opposites; how the hell did they get together? Bimbo laughed again as she walked into the gates of the girls hostel.

"Wahala oo"

THERE ARE PLENTY MISTAKES IN THESE UPDATES SINCE I HAD TO RUSH TO WRITE THEM.

HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE!!!!