Chapter 3

" Aaaaahhh " Vrushali was groaning in pain. Supriya and durva had held her hands tightly and were rubbing her feet. Endless tears were flowing from her eyes. A dasi was helping her to deliver her child. " Just few more minutes rani " The dasi consoled her.
Outside the chamber karna was restless and his eye's were not ready to move from the door of the chamber. Shon put a hand on his shoulder to make him calm.

" She is going through so much pain , I wish, I could share her pain " Karna said bitting his lower lip. " She will be fine " Shon said. Karna went to the window. Night had just started to spraad her arms everywhere and chandra dev was shining brightly with full radiance as it was night of sharad purnima . Involuntarily, karna joined his hands and prayed for the well being of his wife and unborn child. " Nath.... Nath... " He heard her shouting in extreme pain, he could do nothing but clenched his fists.

Suddenly Vrushali's screams were replaced by the first cries of a child. The dasi held the baby in her hand, in no time, supriya took the baby in her hands and a happy tear ran down her cheeks, durva came near her and Caressed the newborn. Karna, shon with all other children didn't take more time to rush to the room.

Karna put his palm over vrushali's head and looked at her happily and ran towards supriya . He almost pulled the baby from her hands and happy tears left his eyes. " She's a daughter vrusha... " He almost screamed in joy. Vrushali just looked at him and chuckled. All her brothers took her in their arms with utmost care and at last she was handed to eldest vrushaleya, vrishasen. He held her carefully in his protective arms and gave her promise to always protect her and the little baby chuckled.

" Will you hand my little one to me? " Vrushali, who was still lying on the bed mock complained. Vrishasen took her near to their mother and vrushali kissed her forehead. The family was filled with joy and elation.

Sweets were distributed in the whole kingdom and diyas were lit to welcome the newborn princess. Letters were sent to hastinapur and champanagari to inform about her birth. The Royal tailors were called to stitch Royal clothes for the princess. Entire angpradesh was bathing in joy.
---------------------------------------------------------
It was night and vrushali lied on her bed with her newborn silently sleeping beside her. Karna entered the chamber as silently as he could, not to disturb the sleep of his little girl.

Vrushali, who was half asleep woke up even by his footsteps and raised herself on bed. They both exchanged smiles. " Your wish is fulfilled, ang is blessed with a daughter " She said happily. Karna went near her and held her hand. " It's all because of you vrusha " She couldn't help but blush.

" Well... You have been lying to me from many years " Karna said mock glaring at her. " No nath... I never lied to you... I can never ever think of it " She got disturbed. " These all years, I had been thinking that you are the most beautiful woman of the world, but looking at her, I realised no one is more gorgeous and charming than her " Karna said lifting the little baby in his huge arms tenderly.

The baby woke up, but didn't cry, instead she stared at her father and smiled happy. " She is so silent " Karna said still looking at her. " She is silent and smiling too... She didn't cry much " Vrushali added. " Vrushali... We will care and love her from the depth of our hearts and not a single tear drop will escape her eyes " Karna said holding vrushali's hand and holding his daughter in other arm. Vrushali just nodded in happiness.
--------------------------------------------------
All the children were arguing over something and vrishasen was trying to make silence. " All the elders will decide her name. We don't need to argue for it " He announced.

" What are you all fighting for now? And why are you not listening to your jyeshth? " Supriya scolded everyone. " Supriya mata, who will decide the name of ladli? " A curious shatrunjay asked. " We all will decide her name together and I am sure, she will have more than one name. " Smiles spread everyone's lips. " Wait till everyone come here, we are going to decide her name today " She added.

All the elders along with radhemaa, adhirath, duryodhan and bhanumati, who were inevitable part of their family sat together to decide the name of the little girl. " She should be called vedangi for she is princess of angpradesh. " Bhanumati said. " Meenakshi for her eyes are like a fish " Durva and supriya stated. " Dhanashree for she is born on sharad purnima " Radhemaa expressed her opinion. " Vashusaini as she is daughter of jyeshtha " Shon expressed. " Bhargavi for being born on sharad purnima " Chitrasen spoke from the kids.

" Silence... Silence... Silence... She is just on girl " Karna interrupted. " I think vrusha jiji should decide a name from all this as she is her mother " Duryodhan who was silent from all this time spoke and everyone agreed. " All these five names suit my ladli the best, she would be addressed with all these names. But while introducing her we would introduce her with her name.... " She took a pause and extended everyone's curiosity.

" Meenakshi " Vrushali announced with a wide smile.

Naming ceremony of meenakshi was celebrated with great pomp after a few days. But everyone adressed her with all five names as per their wish.
-------------------- -----------------------------------
Hey, my lovely readers, the next part is here.
Which name of meenakshi did you like the most?