(15) Texas

Valentina's POV:

I froze.

"What?!", I ask shocked

"She passed away an hour ago due to a heart attack", Ryan sniffs

Mrs Perry was like a second mother to me. She was a lovely women I loved her so much. I couldn't believe this.

Wait Stacy?!

"Stacy?", I asked scared.

"She's devastated Val. She wouldn't stop crying and I'm worried about her", Ryan cried over the phone.

"I'm coming to Texas", I said immediately.

"I'll wait. She needs you the most", Ryan sighs in relief

"I'll be there soon" I said softly and ended the call.

I see it's later than dinner time and it's been hours since the fight. I have to convince Dad to let me go to Texas.

I leave my room and go downstairs and see everyone in the living room. When I enter they all look at me.

I forgot about all the anger and guilt and only Stacy was in my mind

"Dad I need to go to Texas", I blurted out.

They all look confused and Ales looked guilty...I don't know why.

"What?", Dad asked confused

"Dad I know I'm grounded and not allowed to go anywhere or do anything, but please I have to go to Texas", I said impatiently.

"I still don't understand?", Elijah asked confused

"I get that you're upset, but that doesn't mean that you'll leave us like this", Dad frowned

"Yeah we won't let you go even if you want to", Xavier said sternly

"Yeah not this time", Xander muttered to himself.

Wait what? They think I want to go to Texas due to the fight?...of course they think that I have to tell about Stacy first..

"What- ? No! Dad I want to go to Texas, because I just got a call from Ryan and he informed me that Stacy's mom passed away due to a heart attack. Stacy is miserable and I have to be there for her", I said sadly

They know about Stacy and Ryan and how close they are to me.

Dad and Ales look at each other doing a mind conversation.

"Oh hmm..okay you can go, but not for more than a day", Dad said seriously.

What? one day?!

But right now I'll take what I get..I'm lucky they're even letting me go.

"Okay", I sigh

"Fine I'll arrange your flight tickets and Elijah can go with you", Dad said taking out his phone.

"No Dad, I'll go alone", I said quickly

All my brothers looked guilty and sad at the moment.

"No Val you're not going alone",Dad said sternly

"Dad please I'm gonna be with Stacy all the time anyway and right now it'll be better if I go alone and it's just for a day anyway", I tried to reason with him.

"It's fine Dad let her go alone", Ales sighed heavily.

"What seriously?", Elijah said in disbelief. Ales nodded.

"Okay, but you'll have guards with you all the time", Dad said seriously

I was gonna try to talk him out of this but..