02 : 𝖸𝗈𝗎𝗇𝗀 𝖬𝖺𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋

[💢]

School proceeded normally the next day. I went to class feeling like a millionaire, knowing that by the end of the week, I'll be paid with my first $500. My mood was skyrocketing despite the fact that our first subject was boring philosophy.

"Good damn day, zygotes." Mr. Hwang greeted dully, slamming his book on the front desk.

"Good morning~" I sing-sang, tapping my desk with my fingers happily.

"There will be a new fish in the pond. Be glad to welcome a new comer while I dread to teach another empty brain. Come in, kid."

Our eyes darted to the door as a guy came in rather sulky. A few girls squealed. Some guys scoffed. Me? My mood had long anchored to the pits of hell as my eyes went as wide as they could.

"Kang Taehyun. Pleasure to meet everyone." He did a short bow before lazing his eyes around.

He spotted me in the middle and fixed his gaze on mine. I pretended to look at the ceiling in awkwardness.

"Right, Mr. Kang." Mr. Hwang readjusted his glasses. "You may settle next to Ms. L/N right there."

Taehyun slowly dragged himself to a seat next to mine. Our teacher scoffed and made a sarcastic remark.

"Take your time, kid. Doesn't matter how long it'll take you to sit down. Not like it's going to interrupt my class, really."

I let out a snort. By the time he finally settled, he threw a notebook to my desk which made me jump.

"Buy my lunch at exactly 12. Accompany me to the library after physics. Update my schedule after class. Clean my bedroom when we get home. Prepare snacks by 5. Report to me at 6-"

"What?!"

"Write them down you dumb piece of s-" he paused and shook his head. "I didn't give you a notebook for nothing. Use your head."

Right. Young master is here and it's my day 1 into the job. Taehyun dictated his orders once more until a page was almost full. I scanned the chores. They seem pretty doable. So far.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Lunch served. Here you go, young master."

I carefully set the tray on the table as he stared boringly at me. He had only waited for 5 minutes in the cafeteria and as soon as I got back with his food, he was already pissed. I sat opposite to him nonetheless and flashed a not-so-forced smile.

"I'm taking $5 deduction from your salary."

"Eurgh-" I choked on my sandwich and coughed. "I'm sorry- WHAT?!"

"$5 for 5 minutes of delay." He stated plainly, toying his food with a fork. "And $3 for this tasteless food."