PREFACE

Hello everyone!

Welcome to my fourth Harry Potter fanfiction :D It is finally here and I am so, so glad that you've clicked on it! This work is very dear to me and I'm beyond excited to see what you all think of it.

If you're new to my account: Hi! It's so nice to have you here. I'm Belgian and I am obsessed with Harry Potter, which results in Wattpad fanfiction ...

If you have already read one of my other works, welcome back! How nice of you to give this one a chance as well ♥.

I don't use author's notes often as I personally don't like them (they mess up my reading-flow :D), so I always leave a little note at the beginning and the end, so here we are. There are a couple of things I'd like to address before we start (as in all my other novels), so let's get that over with!

1. I'm not a native English speaker!

I say this before every single one of my works, just as a heads up, but my native language is not English, but Dutch. I have gotten a lot of positive comments in the past about this, but I'd like to warn you that my vocabulary and sentence structure might not be the most complex. I hope it doesn't turn you off! If you ever see a grammar or spelling mistake, don't hesitate to comment on it and I'll get it fixed! ♥

2. Slytherin pride!

In this fanfiction, you'll be a Slytherin! I've done Ravenclaw in my other Draco fanfiction, Gryffindor in my Fred fanfiction and Hufflepuff in my Oliver Wood fanfiction, so it was time to do Slytherin! I'm a Ravenclaw myself, but I'm really excited to experiment with this house and I'll try to stay away from most clichés. If you're not a Slytherin, I'm sorry to disappoint, but they hadn't been represented on my profile yet, so they deserved a little recognition.

3. No Y/N this time.

In this novel, I'm using an original character. I've used Y/N twice before and created one OC. I notice that the opinions are very different when it comes to preference, but for this story, I had a very specific backstory in mind, so I chose to create an OC. Here it a bit of information about the character I ceated.

Name: Eleanor SelwynHouse: SlytherinBlood status: pure bloodAppearance: based on Lily Collins in "Inheritance"Characteristics: Slightly pretentious but caring and vulnerable, cold exterior, intelligent, snappish and easily triggered

House: Slytherin
Blood status: pure blood
Appearance: based on Lily Collins in "Inheritance"
Characteristics: Slightly pretentious but caring and vulnerable, cold exterior, intelligent, snappish and easily triggered

4. I LOVE comments!

Every night before I go to bed, I open Wattpad and read some of the comments that have been posted that day. I ADORE reading comments. You guys send me INTO ORBIT with your comments ... honestly ... It also gives me a good idea of which parts of the novel you like and which didn't get a lot of interaction. And if I come across good suggestions, I often try to incorporate them. So if you have any thoughts, random comments or reactions, please let me know! Also if you have criticism, I'm very open to that! I write fanfiction mainly for myself and as a creative outlet, but it's also for you guys and I want you to be able to enjoy it as much as possible. So if there is something that bothers you, definitely tell me! In a kind way of course, hate comments can really hurt, but luckily there have been only a couple :) The Wattpad community is so nice, I love it here.

5. I follow the films!

I have read all the books and seen the films, but when writing fanfiction, I prefer following the films for two reasons. First, not everyone has read the books, so I don't want to confuse anyone and secondly, the films are a bit more concise, so I can add more of my own fantasy without surpassing 100 chapters.

6. Sorry to disappoint, but I don't write smut!

Y'all have some dirty minds ... honestly ... I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I don't write smut scenes. There will be some touching and heavy making out and HEAPS of sexual tension, but I don't write detailed sex scenes. I find them very uncomfortable to write and I feel like they don't add to the quality of the story. So I'm sorry, but you'll have to be satisfied with sexual tension :) I hope that doesn't stop you from reading the story!

7. Slowwww burn

This is the last remark, I promise. This fanfiction is a serious slow burn. Meaning that there will be a lot of Draco-Eleanor interactions, but they don't make out in the first five chapters. In fact, it's a haters to lovers trope, so it's going to take A WHILE. I know that many of you prefer fast paced fanfics, but I promise you that it's worth it! I just prefer writing realistic relationships and a fast burn Draco fanfic is weird to me ...

That was all I wanted to say. It was quite a lot, sorry for that :D. Anyway, I really hope you enjoy this story. If you do, a vote really helps it get into the rankings. Don't feel obligated to do anything, though. I just want you to enjoy this story and I really hope it can mean something to you.

I'll see you at the very end!

Xox H.