Chapter Eighteen

~ You can't just give up on someone because the situation's not ideal. Great relationships aren't great because they have no problems. They're great because both people care enough about the other person to find a way to make it. ~

The Next day.

I woke up with a pounding headache, Alec wasn't in bed with me. I don't even know if he came back. I covered my face with my palms and rubbed them against my face, I climbed out the bed and went in to the bathroom with my towel over shoulder and I quickly jumped in the shower. The hot water soothed my sore, aching bones, I quickly washed my body with my shower gel and rinsed my body off. I switched the water off and I climbed out, I wrapped my towel around my body and walked back in to my bedroom.

I shut the bedroom door and quickly threw on some clothes. "Mommy." Jett says as he comes in after I had finished "Yeah?" I say turning around to face him, he was fully dressed with Cooper standing by his side. "Are you okay?" He asks sitting on my bed. I nod, Cooper climbs on next to him and they both look up at me. "Course I am sweetie." I say sitting in the middle of them. "Are you sure?" Cooper asks climbing on to my lap, I nod. "Coop, should we give her a special hug?" Jett says as he stands up on the bed. Cooper smiles and nods, they both turn to face me and they crash in to me hugging me. I giggle and fall back, both of them erupt in laughter as they squeeze me tighter. "Alright I feel better now." I say hugging them both tightly, Jett's arms were raised so i quickly tickled his armpits. "Mommy stop." He cried with laughter "That. Tickles." He says through gasps. I quickly turn to Cooper and I do the same. "Noo." He cries through laughter. There happy giggles echoed in the room. Someone had been standing there because I heard someone clearing their throat, I stopped and turned around, Alec stood there staring at me. "We need to talk." he says in a dismissing tone. "You two go play yeah, Ill be back with you guys in a minute." I say kissing both their heads. "Okay." They both say with massive smiles on their little faces. Cooper hops off my bed followed by Jett and they leave the room.

Alec walks in shutting the door behind him, he pulls the chair from my dressing table until it was in front of me, he sat down and stared at me. I look down at my hands which were in my lap. "Sorry." He says, looking down. "What I said yesterday was out of order, You have every right to hate me right now, Olivia, I'm really sorry, I should't of said what I said, I feel disgusted." he says leaning forward, I turn my head away from him. "That hurt, I've been through enough Alec, I know you have to. I'm trying to move on from my past, from Ashton, but if you're gonna keep reminding me of that, I can easily do the same and take Eli with me." I say honestly. "I don't want to let you walk out my life, I know you've been through alot, I want to help you like your helping me, I'm so used to pushing people I care about away, I don't want to do that to you Olivia." Alec says holding my hand. "I've grown so fond of Jett, he's an amazing kid, you done a really good job, I'm really proud of you. I want to be there so your not alone, I want to help be there for both of them, and you, if you let me." He says taking my chin with his free hand and lifting it up to meet his gaze, his eyes hypnotized me, it was like they had grabbed hold of me, it took me right back to the restaurant, him standing there, staring at me with that same look. I feel a small smile play against my lips "We've come all this way, why give up now?" I say and with that his lips crash in to mine, like when your on the beach and the waves collide with the rocks, my stomach filled with butterflies and the fireworks rung in my ears, I was numb, my body was his slave, my arms lifted up around his neck and my fingers locked in his hair, Alec softly bit the bottom of my lip asking of entrance, I quickly surrendered and opened my mouth. "Does this mean I'm forgiven?" Alec asked stopping our kiss. "Shut up." I say smiling, he chuckles and then his lips crash in to mine again.

We were tangled in eachothers sweaty bodies "you need to shower." I say sitting up covering the upper half of my body. "You tryna say I stink?" Alec says offended, he laid there with a grin on his face. I nod my head holding my nose with my hand, Alec chuckles and climbs out of bed. He pulls my arm and out of the bed. "You need one to smelly." He says lifting me over his shoulder and carrying me in to the bathroom, with his free hand he switches on the shower and steps in with me still on his shoulder and places me down in front of him. "I'm sorry." He says, the water running down both or bodies soaking our hair. "I'm sorry." He repeats as he turns me around and washes my body, everywhere the sponge touched on my skin he kissed it, my shoulder, my back, my arms.