7.

Y/N's P.O.V. 

"Stephen!" The male Zealot took his shard back as I was pushed against the wall by a woman, her fist colliding with my face. I pushed her off of me, but she came right back and we fought.

"Don't kill her." Kaescilius ordered the woman, but she didn't seem to listen, smashing my head against a glass case. The cloak knocked her back, but it didn't last long and I barely got a second to breathe before we were fighting again.
"Y/N, it's not too late for you. Join us and become part of the One."

"I'd rather die!" I responded as the zealot pinned me to the wall once more, a space shard held at my throat.

"That can be arranged." She muttered and I winced as I felt the shard cut into my throat.

"No!" Kaescilius snapped at her and she dropped the shard to the ground. She turned to look at him and in her moment of distraction, I pushed her away from me, punching her once more, before she dropped to the ground. I picked up the shard and stepped over her unconscious form.
"Y/N-"

"Don't." I warned, pointing the shard at him.
"I'm not- I can't deal with you right now." I threw the shard across the room, before moving down the steps and following the blood trail. It led to a shaky looking portal behind one of the zealots, which the cloak of Levitation was beating to death. I moved around them, towards the portal, but my own cloak stopped me.
"What?" I asked in annoyance and it pulled me back again.
"Fine. Stay here then, I'm going after Stephen." I shrugged it off and stepped through the portal, finding myself in some kind of supply closet. The doors opened, revealing Stephen and a woman in a doctors uniform.

"Y/N, are you alright?" Stephen asked instantly.

"I don't know." I replied honestly.
"You?"

"About the same." He shrugged and we both laughed a little.
"Sorry, Y/N L/N, this is Doctor Christine Palmer." He introduced and I gave the woman a smile.

"I've heard a lot about you." I spoke and she looked at Stephen hesitantly.
"He pretty much idolises you."

"I do not." Stephen defended, making his friend laugh a little.
"We really do have to go." He sighed and I nodded in agreement, before we both jumped into the portal. The portal closed behind us and we landed back in the New York sanctum. The first thing Stephen did was go and check the pulse of the zealot on the ground, before swearing quietly. My cloak landed on my shoulders and Stephen pulled his on too as we walked back up to where I left Kaescilius and the female zealot. They were both gone and I sighed heavily.

"Strange! Y/N!" We both turned to see Mordo, looking at us with wide eyes.
"You're both okay."

"It's a relative term, but..." Stephen looked at me.
"Yeah. We're okay."

"The Cloak of Levitation... it came to you." Mordo spoke pointing at the red material.

"No minor feat. It's a fickle thing. And now the two of you are bonded." The Ancient One spoke and we all looked at her.

"Me and the cloak?" Stephen asked, clearly confused.

"No. You and Y/N." Stephen looked at me then back to the Ancient One.
"The Cloak of Levitation and the Cloak of Elevation were both made with powerful magic, unlike any other. They are bonded to each other and when owned at the same time, so are their masters." She explained.
"You and Y/N now share an unbreakable connection that will only grow as time goes on and the two of you will become stronger, together."

"Kaescilius escaped." I spoke up, changing the subject.
"It's my fault. I should have stayed with him."

"He can fold space and matter at will." Stephen muttered.

"He folds matter outside of the mirror dimension?" The Ancient One asked in disbelief.
"In the real world?"

"Yeah." I muttered.

"How many more?" She asked carefully, but I zoned out of the conversation, sitting down. I put my head in my hands, trying to clear my thoughts, but it wasn't working.

"Y/N?" Mordo kneeled next to me, looking at me carefully.

"I'm fine. Probably a little concussed." I muttered and he helped me to my feet.

"The two of you defended the New York sanctum from attack. With its master gone, it needs another." The Ancient One spoke calmly.
"Master Strange. With Master L/N's help, you will become the protector of this sanctum."

"No." Stephen shook his head.
"It is Doctor Strange. Not Master Strange, not Mr. Strange. Doctor Strange!" He snapped.
"When I became a doctor I swore an oath to do no harm and I have just killed a man! I am not doing that again. I became a doctor to save lives, not take them."

"You became a doctor to save one life above all others: your own." The Ancient One sighed.

"Still seeing through me, are you?" He asked sarcastically.

"I see what I've always seen. Your overinflated ego. You want to go back to the delusion that you can control anything. Even Death. Which no one can control, not even the great Doctor Stephen Strange." She replied simply.

"Not even Dormmamu? He offers immortality." I spoke up and she looked at me with a shocked expression.

"It's our fear of death that gives Dormmamu life. He feeds of it." She responded as I stepped closer.

"And you feed off him." I glared at her.
"Don't talk to us about controlling death when we know how you do it. Stephen saw the missing rituals and I read about it a long time ago, but I didn't want to believe it."

"Speak your next words very carefully." She warned.

"Why?" Stephen asked.
"Because you might not like them?"

"Because you may not know of what you speak."

"What are they talking about?" Mordo asked carefully.

"We're talking about her long life, the source of her immortality. She draws power from the dark dimension to stay alive." Mordo laughed at Stephen's statement.

"That's not true." Mordo denied.

"We've seen the rituals, work it out." Stephen muttered.
"We know how you do it."

"Once they regroup, the zealots will be back. You'll need reinforcements." The Ancient One walked away and Mordo looked lost.

"She is not who you think she is." Strange muttered.

"You don't have the right to say that." Mordo hissed.
"You have no idea of the responsibility that rests upon her shoulders."

"No and I don't want to know." Stephen replied.

"You're a coward." Mordo stepped towards him.

"Because I'm not a killer?" Stephen scoffed.

"These zealots will snuff us all out and you can't muster the strength to snuff them first?" Mordo yelled.

"What do you think I just did?" Stephen shouted and Mordo stepped closer, but I pushed him back slightly.

"You saved your own life!" Mordo glared at both of us.
"Then you whine about it like a wounded dog!"

"Stop it, now!" I shouted over them.