PROLOGUE

Eleanor Selwyn and Draco Malfoy had three things in common: a high, pure-blood status, academic talents and Slytherin house.

Other than that, they were complete opposites and hated each other.

That was rather unfortunate, as the Selwyns and the Malfoys had been part of the same social circle for decades. They went to the same parties, visited the same shops and restaurants and visited each other far more than Eleanor would have liked.

If it were up to their mothers, they'd already have been betrothed, but ever since birth, the two were like fire and ice.

Not only did they compete at home, trying to leave the best impression and acquiring the best connections, it was far worse at school. For years had they been at each other's throats, trying to get the best grades, earning the most House Points and being liked by the most teachers.

Although they had a similar set of goals, they were so very different.

Draco was like ice. Cold and distant. He only had a few close friends and no one could really get through to him. You never knew what was going on inside of his head. He strictly followed his parents's beliefs, looking down on younger students, students of a lesser blood status, poorer students or basically anyone that wasn't Draco himself.

Eleanor was like fire. Chaotic and present, but warm. Her parents raised her to be polite and slightly pretentious, but not like the Malfoys had. Although Eleanor's close friends were all in Slytherin and most of them from the pure blood circle, as they had known each other since birth, she didn't look down on others like the Malfoys did. She was friendly towards other houses and younger students. It was only when she got angry or when people showed her disrespect that her Slytherin side really showed. She was short-tempered, fiery.

And Draco Malfoy was an expert at making her angry.

Pinterest board for anyone who's interested: https://pin.it/5fr9cmA
Contains aesthetic, images of the characters, specific outfits if mentioned, sceneries etc.