12. | Countdown Race 2

I will be focusing more on the action instead of the dialogue for Running Man chapters from now on, more exciting right?

After the PD announced that it was lunchtime, a small intermission commenced, and everyone took this opportunity to try and get some information about other players' total time.

However, Jisoo and Jennie came up to me and started a conversation about idol life. We were laughing due to the relatable situations we had been in before the PD then blowed his whistle again to signal that filming will proceed again.

timeskip after lunch

SBS BUILDING, 5PM

PD: This is the final mission today. It will be called, the Countdown Race. You all have designated timings, right? At any point of time your timing runs out during the race, you will be eliminated and sent to the waiting room. However, you will be able to rip off someone's name tag in order to get half of their time, while the person who got their nametag ripped loses half their time. If you rip a nametag of someone who has a higher time than you however, you will lose half of your time to that person. Only players with higher time can earn the time from players with less time.

Jaesuk: Wait, then how do people with already less time win? Is there any way to turn the game around?

Jihyo: Exactly!

PD: That's where the Time Room comes in. Once you find a ticket to the room, you will be able to either steal half the time of your chosen target, swap time with the person you chose, or lose half of your time to your target, depending on what you roll on the roulette.

PD: Not only that, there are also hints around the building, which might be crucial in helping you deduce who has the highest time. The last rule is golden, and might be another turning point for players with less time.... You can hold someone's else hands and combine your time. If you rip someone's nametag off while holding hands, both will share the spoils.

Jaesuk: I smell betrayal already.

Kwangsoo: Yah, don't look at ME IDIOT.

PD: Please head to your designated starting spots now.

SBS BUILDING, 5.15PM

"I must get Jisoo out first, and get her time, then I'll surely be in the lead, and there will be less competitors." I spoke to the camera, before patiently waiting for the signal to start.

"RACE START!" The loudspeaker sounded, before I walked through room after room looking for hints.

Suddenly, I noticed a blue envelope behind a potted plant, and made a dash for it. Opening it, I saw the hint.

The people in danger
of elimination are
: Somin, Jaesuk

Author POV

"OH, a Time Room coupon!" Somin shouted, before swiftly grabbing it, and the staff led her to the room.

5 minutes later

"Jeon Somin has been eliminated!" The loudspeaker sounded, as everyone became wary of each other, not knowing that the real reason Somin got eliminated was due to her rolling the roulette on " Lose half your time to your target," when she merely had 30 seconds left on her timer.

At the other end of the building, Y/N was casually strolling, as he assumed that he was first. After all, getting another 2 hours must have ensured that right?