Chapter 16 - Little things

Here, there, everywhere. It seemed Loki couldn't keep his hands off you. The same was to be said about you. The thrill of hiding, keeping quiet and sneaking around. The trickster always took care of you after, whispering sweet words into your ear, making sure you were alright.

Hickeys were slowly moved down, not so visible on the neck and it seemed you could get away with the limping by saying you messed up on your machine and got a bit of a hit.

They bought it.

Except the girls, they knew exactly what was going on. Of course with them on your side, they helped keep everyone away, kept Loki nervous by threatening him and lastly grinning at the state of pure bliss you were in.

But it wasn't just sexual. No, Loki made sure to balance it out, make you feel special to the best of his ability. Maybe it was a small note on your pillow, a rose on your desk or even small surprise kisses on the crown of your head.

As he did all this, you did everything in your power to one up him, loving competition which often ended with him winning.

In which ever book he was currently reading, on the page he had marked, you left a small note. On Sundays you would make him chocolate chip pancakes which he had taken quite the liking for. Or simply playing with his hair while he rested in your lap.

The small things were always accounted for.

~~~

Christmas rolled around and you couldn't wait. Using your confetti gun, you did a little Dr Seuss twist and turned it into a Christmas light gun just like in the Grinch.

"You're going to fall, darling," Loki worried as you reached forward to put the star upon the tip of the giant Christmas tree. "Maybe we should wait for the others to come back and assist?"

"No can do, this needs to be a big surprise!" Shooting another web, from the Web shooters you borrowed from Peter to hold yourself, you place the star on the tree and cheer in success only to let your hand slip and start to tumble down. Wrapping up in the webs you hang upside down in front of the trickster.

"I told you to be careful,"

"I'm not dead, am I?" You pushed a great argument as Loki placed a small kiss on your nose. "As cute as that was, do you mind helping a girl out?"

"After you didn't listen to me? I think this is well deserved, my sweet," he mimicked your pout, placing soft kisses all over your face.

"Please?" You plead which caused him to sigh and cut the webs with his dagger. "My knight in shining armour," you laugh as you land in his arms. "Or greasy night in shiny leather,"

"I am not greasy!" He scowls.

"My greasy weasel god," Eskimo kissing him, he lets you drop onto a cushion he summoned. "Rude,"

"Oh so very," he saunters off to the couch as the elevator door reveals the avengers.

"Surprise!"

"You put up the tree?"

"Well, you all have been very busy for the past two weeks so I thought I'd surprise you," lights were strung upon each wall, tinsel and garlands sprawled about.

"What would we do without you?"

Being crushed in hug, you wheeze out a reply. "Crash and burn?"

"Just maybe,"

"Oh, Bruce, Nat, mind getting something from the fridge?" The two look to you in confusion before doing so.

"What have you got planned?" Shrugging at Steve's question you press a small button once the two peered into the fridge. A small mistletoe fell from a box above them. Tony and Clint's wolf whistle made them look up.

"Oh..." Bruce looked to the red head with a blush. "We don't have to-" before another word could be spoken, Nat took the doctor into her arms, pressing her lips lightly onto his.

"You may replace Loki as the goddess of mischief," Thor laughs.

"Hear that, Horns? Step up your game!" Loki gives a mocking smile from behind his book making you laugh. "Considering the days are counting down until big red comes to town, I think it would be fit for a shopping trip. Get your minds off the missions Fury assigned,"

"I don't think that's a good idea-"

"Then it's settled, we're going," Tony links arms with you. "If Cap hates the idea, then we're doing it,"

"Why must you always push my buttons, Stark?"

"I think Barnes is more skilled in pushing all the right buttons," Tony cough making everyone snort in amusement. "Let's get ready,"

~~~

:)

- Anna ❤️