26

At the Earl's Manor
"It's her royal highness, the princess!" The maids and butlers whispered amongst themselves as they quickly lined up to greet me.

Judging from their reaction, they must not know what happened to their master. Well, we did ask the other nobles to keep their mouth shut.

"May I know the way to the library?" I asked politely.

The woman who I assumed is the head maid immediately bowed and leaded the way. I'm surprised that all of them actually welcomed me, something feels off.

"May I be left alone?" I asked after entering the library.

"Of course your highness. May glory bless the blood of the star."

After she left, I whispered to Arian "Keep your guard up, something feels wrong."

I reached for the third book on the fourth shelf just as he said. Eh~ there really is a passage way. I warily walked down the stairs with Arian around my neck in his snake form.

At the end of the stairs, was a small room? The information must be these papers on the desk. I skimmed through the documents and made sure the contents were the  informations I wanted. It's legit....now time to get out-

An explosion?! The sound is getting closer!

[Master, get on]

Arian was already in his dragon form. It's a good thing that the Earl estate is quite secluded, so even if Arian's going to bust us out using his dragon form not many people will see.

"Let's go."

We were out of the manor in just a few seconds. The servants were all armed with weapons and all the attacks were aimed towards us. Fortunately for us, they're not that skilled...

"Ignore them, head back to the palace-ngh!" I felt a sharp pain on my shoulder, I already know what it was without looking.

[Master, what happened?]

Guess I should keep this from Arian first, since he can't see me from his angle. I don't want to get worried over something so small.

"Nothing, let's head back." I reassured him.

Riding a dragon was of course faster than a carriage, we arrived at the palace in a matter of minutes. Which means, I'll get scolded now.

"Master, didn't you say it was nothing?!" Arian raised his voice upon seeing the gunshot wound on my shoulders while I just averted my eyes.

"It's nothing, it'll heal in a few hours." I shrugged.

"My kitten, you're back-"Xander's tone was cheery until he saw the wound....his face turned dark.

"My kitten, I didn't go with you become you said that you'd be careful...and won't get hurt." He said closing in. With every step he took, I backed away a step.

Brother is scary when he's mad but there is one person who can surpass him which is Xander. His eyes that were staring at me was not that of his normal nonchalant ones...it was dark. He's clearly mad.

"Xander, it really isn't something big of a deal. It'll heal." I replied afraid of looking him in the eyes.

"Hmm~ nothing big of a deal, huh? We're going to the doctors, even if it'll heal we need to get the bullet out."

I was already carried in his arms the next moment.

"Arian, go inform Acacius. Don't blame yourself, your master wouldn't want you to do that. And you my kitten better give me an explanation I can accept." He smiled but I can feel how mad he is.

"I...I didn't expect that the bullet would actually hit me." I tried to explain...this time I was really just careless. He hummed and asked me to continue.

"I was careless...but I got the information." I showed him the documents in my hands.

"Give the document to me, I'll deal with the other rats." He said lazily.

"But you already have to take care of your empire's affairs? Why are you helping Alphaesial so much? Won't you be too busy?"

"Dealing with a few rats won't affect me." What he said May sound arrogant but it's true...Xander is undoubtedly powerful.

Being able to use the magic of both race and an ability user at that. And that other ability he has, he could easily destroy a kingdom if he wants to.

"Prince Xander and her royal highness! Oh my, princess your shoulders."

"Ahaha, I'll be in your care again." I waved at the doctor.

The doctor started to treat my wound carefully. I bit my lips when she pulled out the bullet. It hurts, alright.

"Luna."

Ah, here comes the second wave. From the way he called my name, he must've rushed here. Brother's eyes widened when he looked at me but before he could say anything, I opened my mouth.

"Brother! Don't you have a meeting? I'm fine so go back."

Brother sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose "Xander, Arian make sure she's back in her room after getting treated. And make sure she doesn't work today."

"I planned to make her rest even if you didn't say that." Xander replied not even glancing at brother. His eyes were still fixed on my wound.

"Brother, I'm fine. I can at least go through some documents."

"No means no. There's nothing more important than you getting rest now." Brother said firmly.

"He's right. Master you should rest, you've done enough work for today." Arian agreed.

But then I'll have nothing to do....

"Doctor, tell them I'm fine." As those words left my mouth, three of their gazes fell upon the doctor.

"Princess, it's best to rest. No, you must rest."

"Xander, I'll leave my sister in your care for now. There's someone who I need to meet." Brother's eyes glowed yellow...ah he's really mad.

"Don't kill him, I'll also pay him a visit tonight." Xander informed while brother nodded.

"Luna make sure to rest well." Brother patted my head.

"Brother, make sure not to overwork yourself." I pecked his cheeks before he left the room.

Good luck, Earl Benjamin....