9.

Welp, this book turned out to be quite a bit shorter than I planned, but oh well
It's not the greatest ending, admittedly, but I quite like it
I enjoyed writing this more than I thought I would, maybe I'll try writing more Marvel stuff idk yet

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Isn't it beautiful? A world beyond time? Beyond death?" Kaescilius asked as Stephen and I landed behind him, our hands still connected.
Both Mordo and Wong looked beyond confused and Kaescilius turned to face us.

"What have you done?" He asked dangerously.

"We made a bargain." Stephen spoke proudly and Kaescilius looked down at his his hand.

"What is this?" He asked desperately.

"Well, it's everything you've ever wanted." Stephen spoke simply.

"Eternal life as part of the One. You're not going to like it." I smiled innocently as Wong and Mordo moved over to us. The three of them began to twitch as they were sucked into the dark dimension, dissolving into nothing.

"Yeah, you know, they really should have stolen the whole book because the warnings... the warnings come after the spells." I rolled my eyes as Wong burst out laughing, making all of us look at him with wide eyes.

"That's funny." Wong giggled and Stephen looked at me, making me shrug.

"Can I make one request?" I asked and raised our connected hands.
"No more time loops, please?" Stephen chuckled slightly and nodded his head in agreement. I let go of his hand and he finished the spell, fixing the Hong Kong Sanctum and letting time continue normally.

"We did it." Wong sighed and I nodded.

"Yes. Yes, we did." Mordo spoke.
"By also violating the natural law."

"You were fine with it a couple of minutes ago." I said in confusion.

"Look around you, it's over." Stephen smiled at him

"You still think there will be no consequences, Strange? No price to pay? We broke our rules, just like her. The bill comes due. Always. I will follow this path no longer." He walked away and we all watched him go.

~

"A wise choice." Wong spoke as Stephen placed the eye down on its stand.
"You'll wear the Eye of Agamotto, once you've mastered its powers, but until then, it's best not to walk the streets wearing an infinity stone."

"A what?" Stephen asked in confusion.

"This one? Really? This is the one you like?" Wong asked me, pointing at Stephen and I was taken back by his words.
"You might have a gift for the Mystic Arts, but you still have much to learn. Thankfully, you have a good teacher."

"Yeah." Stephen smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Word of the Ancient One's death with spread throughout the multiverse. Now that there is no Sorcerer Supreme to defend it, we must be ready." Wong sighed.

"We'll be ready." Stephen nodded. Wong opened the door to the New York sanctum.

"I'll see you in there." He walked away and I sighed.

"It's been a long few days." I muttered, looking up at the globe above us.

"Yeah." Stephen agreed.
"So you like me?"

"I agreed to run the New York Sanctum with you, didn't I?" I challenged as his cloak landed on his shoulders. My own cloak pushed me forward and Stephen's arms wrapped around my waist.

"Careful." He smirked and I glared at him playfully. I stepped back away from him and this tune, he fell into me as his own cloak pushed him forward.
"I think they're trying to tell us something."

"Ya think?" His smirk seemed to grow and I rolled my eyes.
"Okay, fine." I shrugged.

"What do you mean, okay-" I shut him up with a kiss and he instantly kissed back, his arms wrapping around my waist once more. Stephen and I both practically jumped away from each other when Wong cleared his throat.

"Great, now you two have stopped sucking each other's faces off, let's get to work." He turned and walked back into New York. I moved to follow him, my face burning, but Stephen took my hand and pulled me back.

"I like you too." He muttered, before kissing me again, then walking away. I stood there for a second, processing what had happened, before chasing after him.

~

"You should get some sleep." Stephen muttered as I turned the page of the book I was reading.

"So should you." I replied, my eyes focused on the book in front of me.
Neither of us had moved in a while and admittedly, I was getting tired.
It was, for lack of better words, Strange, being in New York with Stephen. Unlike in Kathmandu, there was no one else around, except for Wong, of course.
At Kamar-Taj, everything was done for us. We had scheduled training times, meals were prepared for us and if someone got hurt, there was a fully stocked infirmary.
In New York, we trained when we wanted to and we had to cook everything for ourselves. If you got hurt and it wasn't life threatening, you got told: 'Stop being a baby, Stephen, it's a paper cut. Continue with your training.' 

"You haven't slept in 2 days." Stephen reminded.
Our lives were different in New York, but they were near enough perfect, even if it took some getting used to. We had been in New York for a little over 2 months and I couldn't remember a time when I was genuinely happier.

"You have training with Wong and the eye of Agamotto tomorrow." I pointed out.

"So what you're saying is that we both should get some sleep?" He asked and I looked up at him from my position on the couch.
I had my head in his lap and we both had books in our hands, looking at each other.

"No, I'm just saying you have a big day tomorrow. If you're tired, you should go to bed." He narrowed his eyes at me, before he snatched the book from my hands and closed it, putting both of our books down. 
I whined and crossed my arms over my chest, making him smirk at me.

"Nope, come on. We both need the rest." I sat up and stretched a little as Stephen stood up. I reluctantly got up and covered my mouth as I yawned, seeing Stephen's smirking expression.

"Shut up." I muttered.

"I didn't say anything!" He laughed and I nudged him as me moved up the stairs.
We made it to our room and we changed, before crawling into the large bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I could feel sleep taking me.
"Goodnight, Y/N." Stephen spoke softly, kissing my head as I mumbled my response.