Chapter 5 - Cavalry Battle

WARNINGS: None
The past two weeks have been pretty busy so I was gonna skip this weeks update too but the cavalry battle doesn't differ too much from canon besides that Team Midoriya doesn't start with the 10 million so sorry for the short chapter, hopefully when I get more used to my new job I'll be more consistent.

When the next event was announced, Izuku and Mei immediately went looking for two other teammates. They decided to look for hero course students (partially because they wanted to get to the next round, but mostly because there were very few outside of the hero course anyways), but didn't opt for Kacchan or Hitochan, to have a bit more of a challenge. They found Uraraka Ochako and Tokoyami Fumikage from 1-A, and decided that Izuku would be the rider since he had the least lower body strength (besides Mei, but she had her babies, which were more equipped to aid with running than Izuku's own). He spotted Kacchan with Kirishima Eijirou, Ashido Mina, and Sero Hanta, three of the four students who had tried the most to become friends with the explosive boy (the fourth, Kaminari Denki, was on a team with Endeavor's son, Tenya, and a Yaoyorozu, seemingly nervous at having such strong and well known teammates), while Hitochan was with Ojiro Mashirao and Aoyama Yuuga from 1-A, as well as Shoda Nirengeki from 1-B.

The round passed in quite a blur, Izuku mostly stood analyzing while the "horses" did most of the offensive and defensive work at his word. In the end, they won fourth place while Hitochan's came third, Kacchan's second, and Team Todoroki first. As with all previous years, the final event would be the one on one Fighting Tournament. He and Mei were celebrating their getting to the final event, bringing a name for themselves and proving that UA wasn't just a school for hero hopefuls with powerful quirks.

"Aren't you nervous to be fighting some of them? Team Todoroki all had really powerful fighters, and I didn't see much of the other two teams but they looked strong as well," one of their classmates, Iko Kizume, fretted. She was well known as the mom of the class, and even the ever reclusive (and self-destructive) Mei and Izuku listened to her. Sometimes.

"Nah, I'm not planning on a real fight!" Mei exclaimed, earning confused looks from many of their classmates.

"Mei-Mei, are you planning on using a hero course student as a commercial model to show off your babies to the support companies watching?"

"Yep! I looked into the rules, and technically there's nothing saying I can't-"

"Is there anything saying you shouldn't, Hatsume?" Iko asked.

"When have I ever listened to shouldn'ts! Besides, if I step out of the ring when I'm done, it's not even cheating!"

"I'm not gonna be able to talk her out of this, am I?" At the greenette's nod, she sighed and diverted her attention. "What about you, Midoriya? I know your intelligence can hold up against some brute strength, but one on one?"

"Oh, I'm not planning on winning. I just wanted to be the first quirkless person to make it to the last round! Besides, even what I could hold up, Hitochan and Kacchan can certainly beat me, and most of the others probably can too! Doesn't mean I have to make it easy for them, though." Most of the class had heard of "Hitochan" and "Kacchan" and knew they were Izuku's friends and that they were in the Hero course, but today was their first taste of what they really were. They alone would've gotten anyone to back off if they ever teased Izuku in bad spirits, if it weren't for the fact that someone tried the first week of school, and that now they looked thoroughly horrified.

They'd never learned the rest of that story, but they had learned one thing: do not fuck with Midoriya Izuku. He can fuck your shit up in the most cunning ways, and he isn't afraid of getting his hands dirty. Izuku was kind-mannered, but if you took that for granted, it very well may be the worst mistake of your life.

"Plus, I heard some people bad mouthing my childhood friends, and we can't have that now, can we?" Iko was never a religious woman, but she sent a quick prayer for whatever dumbass decided to talk shit.

[A/N: Since Hitoshi is part of the class, Aoyama, Ojirou, and kind of Shoda would know his quirk, and since he wouldn't be pulling every stop to try and get a spot, he got their consent so they didn't feel the need to drop out. I wasn't originally planning on adding any oc's but I want them to have a class mom character since all four of them may be fiercely affectionate, but they can't take care of themselves for shit so if someone doesn't remind them, they won't do, anything really.]