Chapter XII

"What's up with you two?" Dinah asked as she ate her nuggets, looking at both girls who currently had both their hands on their chests, huffing.

"Y'all can huff all you want, but I still won't get it." Dinah mumbled.

"Ask her." Lauren mumbled glaring at the brunette.

"Pfft." Camila rolled her eyes, glaring back at the raven. Both girls looked at each other before looking away again.

"Camila, can you help me later? I can't find any Halloween costume!"

"Sure, I'll help you when I have some free time." Lauren said sarcastically as she mimicked familiar voices.

"Oh my-" Dinah said as she tried to stiffle a laugh, apparently being cut off by Camila.

"Lauren, do you have any known hiking trail here by chance? Can you show me maybe later after school?"

"Sure Luce, I will. I know just the place, You're gonna love it." Camila rolled her eyes, mimicking her girlfriend as well.

"What the hell is hap-"

"Shh, sit down and watch." Dinah said as she cuts off the blue-haired woman.

"At least Lucy's just a friend." Lauren fired as she shot a look at Camila.

"Friend my ass, sure! Let's pretend she never got in between us." Camila shot back, glaring at Lauren.

"As if Mendes did not!" Lauren said through gritted teeth.

"At least we're going at a public place!" Camila fired back.

"Of course, where people think you're on a date." Lauren glared.

"Right, and going in a private place with just the two of you is not considered as one by many." Camila growled.

"At least we could be mistaken for best friends!" Lauren countered.

"Hey! I am the best friend!" Normani said, earning a glare from both girls.

"I told you shut up." Dinah whispered, eating her nugget.

"So that's how it is?" Camila sarcastically chuckled.

"Just because there's a probability that both of you could be mistaken for that, you'll go." The brunette scoffed.

"No! I didn't mean it like that!" Lauren complained.

"At least I agreed to help him in my free time." Camila said.

"Yeah, forget that your free time is mine." Lauren growled.

"All of my time is yours, find where the free is in that time frame." Camila pointed out before standing up and walking out the cafeteria.

"At least I'm fair!" Lauren yelled while the brunette was nearly out the door.

"Unfairness." Lauren said, looking at Normani who was shaking her head and looking at Dinah who ran after her best friend. The blue-haired woman looked at her and shook her head in disbelief.

"What?" The green-eyed girl said irritated, Normani was about to speak when she was cut off by a familiar voice.

"It's not my place to but in, but I'd like you to think about her words." Shawn said as stood by the edge of the table.

"You already spoke up and butted in." Lauren hissed.

"He does have a point." Normani whispered calmly.

"A point that he'll go out with my girl? Sure Shawn." Lauren growled looking at the Canadian.

"I'll just help you out since it doesn't seem like you won't understand anytime soon." Shawn sighed.