2

We finally got to our destination. We already went to our old apartment and got everything we needed, which wasn't much but it will do for now. We all get out of the car and look at the jet.

I didn't notice my phone ringing until Adrian nudges me. I look at him and take my phone from his hand. I answer it and put it up to my ear.

"What?" I say coldly. Adrian watches my face.

"You skipped school?" Elijah's voice comes through. I tense up.

"So did Adrian." Adrian scoffs and I stick my tongue out.

"I swear to god, taking care of twins are so fucking hard."

"You act like you raised us. Why are you calling, E?"

"I'm calling because you fucking skipped school the entire week!" He says coldly. Adrian rolls his eyes.

"Adrian forced me to do it so you can't blame me."

"IT WAS THE OTHER WAY AROUND!" He screams. I chuckle.

"You see, I don't remember having school this week. I think we were on a holiday."

"You weren't on a fucking holiday."

"Fuck off, Elijah. Go bug someone else." I say coldly.

"Your bitchiness is appreciated." He says sarcastically.

"Oh thanks. I didn't know anybody liked it."

"I will fuck your shit up, Addison."

"I dare you."

"Your being mean for no reason, Addison. Did something happen?"

"I'm fine, Eli. You wanna talk to Adrian?"

"Yeah. Love you. I'll talk to you later." I don't say anything and pass the phone over to Adrian.

I don't pay any attention to his conversation but I do know that they are talking about me. After a few minutes, Adrian passes the phone back to me. I look at it and put it back in my pocket.

"Well, you kids ready?" Dante asks. We nod and make our way to the jet. I sit next to Adrian and lean back. I close my eyes. I sense a lot of stare at us but I don't say anything about it. My social battery is almost empty.

"Can we ask some questions?" Darius asks. I open my eyes. We look at each other and back at them. We nod.

"Who's Richard? You guys don't talk a lot about him like Elijah." Marcus says.

"Our grandpa. He's a son of a bitch but we still talk to him." Adrian says.

"Who's Elijah?" Chase asks.

"Our 'uncle'. We met him a couple years back. He's a nice dude. You guys would like him." I say.

"How did you know all of that stuff about Toby?" Chris asked.

"When you have a good relationship with a lot of officers, you'll find stuff out easier." I say lying through my teeth. Truth was, me and Adrian have a skill of hacking and a shit ton of other things.

"Who's your moms boyfriend?" Dante asks.

"A dude." Adrian says. Everybody knows who he is on the streets. He's a fucking drug dealer. A good one, too. When a deal goes bad, he takes it out on either me or Adrian. Mostly me.

"What's his name?" Leo asks coldly. We shrug.

"A name." I say. They realized we wouldn't share anything about him. "Anything else?"