|26|

I quickly tug my jeans up my legs, the tight material making it difficult to get them over my thighs and ass. Finally, I let out a breath as I zip them and button them, pulling on an older sweater, that's actually kind of a cute ugly sweater, and pair it with my old vans.

I want to get to the café before the lunch rush, I'm meeting Harry there later. Today marks a week since his relapse and he's been doing well, he seems like his normal self and in fact he's been super sweet to me and a bit clingy at that, but I don't mind at all.

I quickly grab my phone and make my way out of my apartment. Tomorrow is Tiffs birthday party and also New Year's Eve and surprisingly I'm excited, even though Harry doesn't seem so thrilled to go. I told him it would be rude if he didn't show up, especially because Tiff wants him there. He didn't want to agree but he did.

My walk to the café was short and I'm relieved when it's not extremely busy. I push open the door, the familiar smells sending shivers down my body, it feels like I haven't been in here in forever. My face breaks into a wide grin when I see Josie behind the counter.

"Hi!" She waves excitedly, leaning against the counter with her palms down. "It's been ages since I've seen you!" She exclaims.

"I know, I've been pretty busy." I tell her, glancing around the small shop at the few people who are occupying the tables. "How was your holiday?" I ask, Josie smiling as she shakes her head.

"Nothing short of exhausting, I've got a huge family and we drove down to my grans in Kensington, and she's got a tiny house." She explains. "It was alright though, yours?" Josie asks politely.

"I drove home to Nantucket, had a quiet and small Christmas just my parents and I." I tell her with a shrug. She nods and slides me my latte.

"On the house since I haven't seen you in forever." She winks. I thank her and make my back to Harry's table, deciding a more reserved place would be better today.

I quietly scroll through my phone and sip my latte. Harry won't be here for another half hour or so, he said he'd be with Zayn. I didn't ask any further questions, figuring if he's with Zayn there's nothing to worry about. I realize that I barely know Zayn myself, but Harry seems to like him and that says something.

"Long time no see!" I look up, being met with Jessie's wide smile causing me to grin, shutting my phone off as he moves to sit in front of me where Harry would sit.

"Jessie! Hey, how've you been?" I ask, watching as he scrunches his nose and shrugs his shoulders.

"So so." He answers. "What about you?" He questions, his hands folded in front of him on the table.

"I'm okay." I nod. "I didn't realize you came to this café, it's kind of my little spot." I tell him, Jessie grinning widely as he simply shrugs his shoulders.

"I started coming after you brought me here, I liked the vibe of it and you like it so. . ." He trails off. I grin lightly, wondering why he liked it simply because I do. It is a cozy café though and it does seem like a place Jessie would hang around, I'm just over thinking his words. "So, wheres that guy that's always with you?"

"Harry? He should be here soon." I tell him, Jessie nodding his head slowly. He parts his lips to say something before he laughs causing me to furrow my eyebrows. "What?" I ask.

"It's stupid, never mind." He brushes off causing me to scoff and gently nudge his hands with mine, earning his attention.

"Say it, I'm sure it's not stupid." I encourage, Jessie signing as he rolls his eyes but regardless he nods his head.