Chapter forty

There was a heavy tension in the air of the gunship as the blast doors slid shut, the only light being a red strip illuminated above the doors. Biting my lip I watched for the sign that it was time to jump with nervous anticipation. I was stood by Ari in my cloak trying to maintain an air of certainty so the girl wouldn't worry. I hope I can as succeeding.

"We're coming in on the drop sight general." The voice of the pilot came through over my comms as the dull echo of explosions continued to ring outside.

"Very good trooper, take us down," I responded with a slight nod even though the man couldn't see me. The ship lurched a bit and we appeared to change course before coming to a stop, the lights flickering green throughout the hanger. "Be ready," I warned while drawing my lightsaber from belt and watching as the door began to open. Outside blaster fire became more apparent and the shouts of clones echoed with the clank of battle droids. "Now, move out!" I commanded jumping down first to the surface and igniting the pale blue of my saber and holding it in defence. I could hear behind as my mew padawan ignited her blade to and landed on the ground just behind me. Actually I could even see a blur of blue behind me as she twirled the blade round a in a fairly decent manner. Well she had skill, now to see if she could apply it. Ahead lay the temple structure we needed to climb, looking tall with droids littering it's walls.

"What's the plan Master?" Ari called out over the blaster fire from beside me now. I flourished my blade to nimbly deflect a single bolt from hitting my head before taking a step forward.

"Find general Skywalker, and start the climb." I instructed as she ran forward weaving through rubble for cover.

"Well the first half of that's done, look!" The girl called back while pointing just ahead to were a pair of green and blue blades where flashing in blurred lines to deflect fire. Ari and I began running over to join them by the towering wall, clones close on our tail.

"Nice of you to join the fun." Anakin quipped as I stepped in line with him to lend a hand. I rolled my eyes while twisting my blade back and forth.

"This sarcasm of yours, is it curable?" I hummed in jest with pressing my back to his and continuing to deflect fire back into the battle droids. Anakin chuckled and switched sides with me with a simple twist.

"I can think of a few things that may cure it." He responded in a rather casual manner considering our position.

'Your lips for one.'
His voice echoed through the force with a smirk I didn't had to see. I rolled my eyes and elbowed him in the ribs swiftly before continuing to work and destroying the enemy.

"Eyes on the target soldier boy." I responded as the last droid circling us crumpled. With a twist of my wrist I completed a final flourish of my saber and stood tall nice more.

"Yes ma'am," Anakin remarked while giving a quick salute with a side smirk before turning to the girls. "Alright you two, race you to the top." He instructed though this were all a game before turning and running up to the wall, bribing to climb in the most showing off way I'd ever seen. Ahsoka smiled brightly before racing after him, my own padawan taking a step before looking back my way. I gave a nod of encouragement and cracked a small smile knowing they'd be fine with Anakin around.

"Go, I'll follow up in a bit." I spoke calmly with mine own ideas on scallion the enemies defences. Ari's eyes lit up brightly as she turned to follow her friend and the clones.

"Thanks Master!" She called back while running away to try and catch up I presume. Her enthusiasm was admirable in these conditions and gave me a little buzz of happiness.

"Are we following them ma'am?" Captain Dice asked from behind where I was stood watching the others speedily begin to climb. Honestly I felt like a proud mother watching them work together so well. Smiling I stepped back a little and patted his shoulder.