12

"Why don't you share anything? is the sex good? yes or no?" Briana tugs on my arm

"the sex is great. now fuck off." I smack her arm.

we're in the living room eating junk and binge-watching movies. we went outside to get pizza, only to realize it's way too cold.

we did our nails and fucked up each other's makeup. something we used to do all the time as kids.

after cleaning off the make up we sat and now are talking. Briana won't stop bugging me to know every detail about Mateo and I's relationship. it's different now because I used to tell her everything about all my past hookups, but because of Mateo's status in the world, I don't want the information to get out.

"How big?" Jada asks.

"not saying." I shake my head

"fine. how long did you stay up?" Jada asks.

"6, I think," I say.

"shit. let me get myself an Italian." Briana mumbles

"why is he so tall? the fuck are they feeding him?" Jada asks.

"do you see how much he eats? we'll have to buy out all of Costco if we have kids," I say with wide eyes.

"so this is it. this is long-term?" Briana asks

"if course. if it wasn't I wouldn't be with him. i don't need anything less or more than what we have. he's proven to me this is long-term, that he isn't fucking around. to know that he came to the hospital every day and blamed himself for what happened, showed me his love isn't fake." i play with my fingers, smiling like an idiot.

"aww, you're deep in love." Briana comes over and hugs me.

"it scares me so much." i chuckle feeling myself getting emotional.

"why?" Jada asks sitting on the other side of me.

"because other than you guys, everyone leaves. my mom, she believed in me so much, saw the positive in me all the time. then she died. my dad. he was my whole world after my mom died.he showed what a real man should be like. he stepped up and proved he could handle being a single parent. then he lied, kept secrets. then died. both of my grandparents have cancer, both. finding that out, finding out that my mom's parents don't want anything to do with me, my mom dying, my dad dying, living miles away from you guys, it made me feel some type of way. but then Mateo came and made everything better, but there's this voice in my head telling me he'll leave one day." I sob and they wrap their arms around me.

"That man is in fucking love with you. the way he took care of you last night, the way he looks at you, the way you have his attention, nothing gives red flags. you guys have obviously talked about a future together, what man does that just to break your heart? he told you he's liked you since freshman year. he's not letting you go if he just got you, especially if he's liked you for that long. and he'd be one stupid bitch to let you go." Briana says.